A couple of questions on PCATs, Pharmacy School, and Getting In.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DannMann99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't normally frequent the pharmacy forum as i'm now a med student but this summer i'll be tutoring a girl I know from college for the PCATs. I did a quick background check on the test and was hoping you guys could fill in some questions.

1) What's the average entrance scores for the PCAT?
( I heard its ~70 but I wanted to get a verification on this.)

2) What's the average GPA of entering students?

3)When is a good time to start the application process? I know with med school you want to have your ducks in a row by august, but does Pharm school have the same centralized application service as med schools?

I know I could have found this info elsewhere probably, but I also know SDN is a wealth of information and has some really great people who take part in the forums. Thanks for reading through and thank you even more for your answers and insights.

-Dan

Members don't see this ad.

For question 1 and 2, depends on the school. Generally though, a PCAT score of 85 or above and a gpa of 3.5 or above is competitive, but people get in with less.

For question 3, pharmcas starts taking applications really soon, so the sooner you start the better.

1) check with the schools; arbitrary number: >70

2) check with the schools; arbitrary number: 3.5

3) check with the schools for early decision and the regular deadlines. I'd suggest asking for LORs as soon as you can to give the recommenders as much time as they want and to give time to remind them without rushing them. People say submitting the personal statement and PharmCAS early may be beneficial for some schools, but I'm not sure about whether or not this is true. Probably couldn't hurt though. Same with supplemental apps.