A Falling Profession

Started by peduncle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ironically, what I see as far and away the most anti-physician stance by far was taken by Schwarzenegger in California, tagging a 2% tax on doctors specifically. I can't think of another example of when a job title was specifically taxed extra by the government.

Lol, in light of this proposal, I propose that chiropractors, veterinarians, economics Phds, podiatrists, etc in california should all be considered doctors.

I find it comforting that the majority of MBA's still only make 5 figures


honestly, makes me a little better inside too. Doctor's shouldn't be embarressed by how much money they make. Most MBA's couldn't handle anatomy.
 
Forty-four percent of lawyers recently surveyed by the American Bar Association said they would not recommend the profession to a young person.)

Also found this interesting in the article, remind you of another profession?

Please someone tell me where I can earn the big easy money that everyone talks about.
 
Also found this interesting in the article, remind you of another profession?

Please someone tell me where I can earn the big easy money that everyone talks about.

Porn star. Although you do have to be talented in one certain area.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heres' a thought, how about the slipping status and professionalism of the New York Times? I still trust my doctor. I haven't trusted the NYT for years. (Hell, I've even met a lawyer or two that I trust.)
 
Heres' a thought, how about the slipping status and professionalism of the New York Times? I still trust my doctor. I haven't trusted the NYT for years. (Hell, I've even met a lawyer or two that I trust.)
:laugh: Slipping?!? 😱 I thought they've lost it a LONG time ago. Check out this fascinating read:

The Man Who Invented Fidel: Cuba, Castro, and Herbert L. Matthews of The New York Times, by Anthony DePalma, New York: Public-Affairs, 308 pages, $26.95