Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Due to extenuating circumstances, my resume is as follows:
T50 USMD
URM
Passed all classes M1/M2
One withdraw (medical leave)
Only passed all clerkships; didn't get the hang of shelf exams till after a while
285 Step 2
1 pub from undergrad; 2 poster presentations otherwise
No real EC's; UG I had significant URM involvement
Is a ROAD specialty still possible? I'm not saying it's likely--I understand the odds are slim. But with a gap year for research in the specific specialty?
I take a while to adjust to things but my S2 shows I do end up mastering things; I just need some adjustment time. My clerkship comments talk about me being a hardworker so it's not hopefully going to be giving the impression that I slacked till S2.
T50 USMD
URM
Passed all classes M1/M2
One withdraw (medical leave)
Only passed all clerkships; didn't get the hang of shelf exams till after a while
285 Step 2
1 pub from undergrad; 2 poster presentations otherwise
No real EC's; UG I had significant URM involvement
Is a ROAD specialty still possible? I'm not saying it's likely--I understand the odds are slim. But with a gap year for research in the specific specialty?
I take a while to adjust to things but my S2 shows I do end up mastering things; I just need some adjustment time. My clerkship comments talk about me being a hardworker so it's not hopefully going to be giving the impression that I slacked till S2.