A few article about this field

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trollest

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am here to enlighten the masses. Pre-Med, I implore you to make an informed decision. Medicine is still the best profession but it's changing WAY too fast.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
*Posts pre-med post in Med student section
Too late, peddle your pessimistic BS elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
“Like mushrooms after a rainy day, medical schools flourished.

When the former government realised that it had made a grave error, there was no turning back because any decision to drop these colleges from the list of recognised institutions caused an uproar and became a political and racial issue.

Today, due to poor foresight, there is a glut of not only doctors but also nurses, dentists, physiotherapists and pharmacists. Thirty years ago, fewer than 100 dentists applied for housemanship every year. Last year, 1,300 dentists applied for jobs.”
———————————

This ‘pessimistic BS” sounds eerily familiar to what’s happening now.

Read this 2019 article by the AAMC “Medical school expansion surpasses goal.”

Now their solution is to increase the number of residency spots by 50%. Can you guess what will happen next?

Reactions: 1 user
They refuse to accept reality.

The way things are going, I would be surprised if congress approved such the bill.
This ‘pessimistic BS” sounds eerily familiar to what’s happening now.

Read this 2019 article by the AAMC “Medical school expansion surpasses goal.”

Now their solution is to increase the number of residency spots by 50%. Can you guess what will happen next?