A few bio questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmukid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a few questions regarding the cavlin cycle and krebs cycle and endergonic and exergonic reactions?
Ok i know krebs cycle produces 3 NADH, 1 FADH2 and 1 ATP. Do we need to know anything more in terms of the amount of things that krebs cycle produces or uses?
Also what do we need to know in terms of the things that the calvin cycle produces? I know like every 6 turn produces 1 glucose, 2 G3P molecules and 18 ATP but do we need to know more?
Also Oxidative phosphorylation produces 36-38 ATP, 36 in eukaryotes and 38 in prokaryotes. Glycolysis produces overall 2 ATP, Krebs produces 2 ATP and ETC produces 32 ATP but do we need to know anything else?

Also whats the difference between endergonic and exergonic?
ATP -> ADP + Pi is endergonic and ADP -> ATP is exergonic are these right?
I know like exergonic reactions promote endergonic ones but do endergonic ones promote exergonic?

Any input would be really preciated

Members don't see this ad.

it was long to read -_-;

but, ATP hydrolysis is exergonic (ATP -> ADP + Pi)

Your right i just got them backwards but can anyone atleast verify exactly how many ATP is produced in each step of glycolysis, krebs cycle and etc?