a few dropped courses..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mspaic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there
i'm in second year of undergrad here in canada for biochem

well my first year of school, my average was ok i geuess (about 3.51)
however, i had no clue what i was doing and i dropped 3 courses, whihc was a mistake looking back
so i guess there will say 'cancled' beside 3 classses, if i apply to med school

so how will this affect me for american schools???

plz keep in mind that these drops are only during my FIRST YEAR..!

so if i keep up a good gpa , do i still have a chance
i guess i dont want schools thinking i'm a lazy bum who gives up easily (which i did a few times first year .. :( )

Members don't see this ad.

mspaic said:
hey there
i'm in second year of undergrad here in canada for biochem

well my first year of school, my average was ok i geuess (about 3.51)
however, i had no clue what i was doing and i dropped 3 courses, whihc was a mistake looking back
so i guess there will say 'cancled' beside 3 classses, if i apply to med school

so how will this affect me for american schools???

plz keep in mind that these drops are only during my FIRST YEAR..!

so if i keep up a good gpa , do i still have a chance
i guess i dont want schools thinking i'm a lazy bum who gives up easily (which i did a few times first year .. :( )

Hi there,
Do not worry about what anyone "thinks" except yourself. If you believe that you are a "lazy bum" then you can live up to your beliefs. You can just as easily believe that you needed a bit of time to adjust to the rigors of school and dropping the classes makes more sense than failing them.

Do what you need to do to keep your grades up and your academics on track. You have more ahead of you than behind you so do not drop any more classes. Drop the self-labels and work towards your goal. It really does not matter what anyone except yourself "thinks" and you only have control over your own thinking. Anything else is useless and a waste of time.

njbmd :)

Hey mspaic,

I also have 3 dropped courses on my record due to serious events in my life (cancer treatment, business audit). I'm not applying until 2007 (it's getting closer though!) so it looks like you might also be applying that year too (your junior year)? Anyway - I'll let you know how it works for me. There are mny different reasons to drop a course, but most importantly it's how you convey your reasons to the adcom.

:luck: