A few questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdeeds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Sarah. I just got done taking the DAT for the first time and am in need of a little encouragement/ advice.
I have a 3.1 GPA from my previous dental hygiene pre-requisites 7 years ago.
I have a 4 year old daughter who put my college life on hold for several years.
2 years ago, (after being a dental assistant for 5 years) I went back to college, this time with the goal of becoming a dentist. My GPA has climbed a little bit (3.37), but because of my previous GPA, it is still lower than I would like it to be.
I know that I need to get a great DAT score to be accepted into dental school.
For me, the most difficult part of the DAT was the PAT. Does anyone have any study suggestions on how to study/ improve these skills? (Especially the front, top, end section)
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I used Barron's How to Prepare for the Dental Admissions Test to study for the PAT section of the DAT. WARNING: that is all that this book is good for. I liked Barron's techniques on how to tackle the PAT in the DAT. I'd basically advise you to just practice, practice, practice. Fold paper, punch holes in paper, use toy blocks to help you in those problems that you didn't get. This will help you get a better 3D idea of the figures on paper.

Best of luck to your study efforts! :luck: