A few Ross Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mastamark

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been looking into Ross as an otption for medical school but I have a few of questions.

1.) Can the NHSC scholarships be used for Ross? Is the school eligible for this program?

2.) Where do you have your graduation ceremonies after finishing at Ross?

3.) How was the living and school environment down in Dominica?

4.) Can you choose what state you do your clinical rotations the final two years?

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

1). ?

2). In New York (I think)

3). It is a 3rd world country. Classes are large and many people who should not be doctors are there...it is par for the course (Carib med schools)

4). You have to do cores at affiliated hospitals: http://www.rossu.edu/med/academics/hospitalaffil_051.cfm

Hey guys,
I have been looking into Ross as an otption for medical school but I have a few of questions.

1.) Can the NHSC scholarships be used for Ross? Is the school eligible for this program?

4.) Can you choose what state you do your clinical rotations the final two years?

Thanks. The first question was about the National Health Service Corps scholarships. These cover total med school tuition for those students planning to pursue primary care in underserved communities.

Hey guys,

No. Only LCME and AOA accredited schools are eligible for the scholarships. However, FMG/IMG's can still take advantage of the loan repayment program after you have completed residency in a primary care specialty. While the scholarship will pay for tuition and give you a stipend for living expenses while you are in school, the loan repayment program has a cap of how much of your loans they will pay back. Last time I checked (which was a few years ago), it was something like $25,000 each for your first two years of service with further funding not guaranteed and a max of four years of funding.

Lincoln Center, New York, NY

School environment is very modern (except for some bathrooms... please tell me they've improved them). Dominican environment is that of an underdeveloped nation.

Sometimes. Perhaps most of the time. No one will force you to go a state you don't want but then you might find that you'll be finishing med school in five years instead of four.

Sure. Not a problem.