A funny letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:D enjoy !!!!!!!

A letter from a Sikh mother

Dear Gurmeet,
I am in a well here and hoping you in the same well there.

I'm writing this letter slowly, because I know you cannot read fast.
We don't live where we lived when you left home. Your dad read in the newspaper that most accidents happen 20 miles from home, so we moved 20 miles.

wont be able to send the address as the last Sardar who stayed here took the house numbers with them for their new house so they wouldnt have
to change their address. Hopefully by next week we will be able to take our earlier address Plate here, so that our address will remain same too.

This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine, situated
right above the commode. I m not sure it works too well. Last week I put in
3 shirts, pulled the chain and havent seen them since!

The weather here isn't too bad. It rained only twice last week. The first time it rained for 3 days and second time for 4 days.
The coat you wanted me to send you, your Aunt said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with all the metal buttons, so we cut
them off and put them in the pocket.
Your father has another job. He has 500 men under him. He is cutting the grass at the cemetery.
>
By the way I took bahu to our club's poolside.The manager is badmash(CULPURIT). He told her that two piece swimming suit is not allowed in this club. We were confused as to which piece should we remove?
>
Your sister had a baby this morning.I haven't found out whether it is a girl or a boy, so I don't know whether you are an Aunt or Uncle.
>
Your uncle, Jetinder fell in a the nearby well.! Some men tried to
pull him out, but he fought them off bravely and drowned.We cremated him and he burned for three days.
>
Your best friend, Balwinder, is no more. He died trying to fulfil his
fathers last wishes. His father had wished to be buried in the sea
after he died. And your friend died while in the process of digging a grave for his father.
>There isn't much more news this time. Nothing much has happened.

Love
Your Ma ji.

P.S : Beta (MY SON), I was going to send you some money but by the time I realized,I had already sealed off this letter.
>
:D :D

Members don't see this ad.

NIce one Bond but I guess it has already been posted by someone in the thread 'lighter side'

what should i say.............well i am a sikh my mother never wrote anything like that to me.......anyways can not appreciate such stupid jokes much...............i am touchy........can not help it......

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi meetlife

This joke is not ment to offend u or anyone else . I read it somewhere and thought it was funny so i posted it here. Please dont take it personaly

BOND

Stupid joke...not a joke to make fun of people on basis of religion or caste on public forum. I understand your feelings meetlife.
Giffy

well Giffy

As i said earlier this joke is not ment to hurt someones felling. Dont try to make it sound like it was ment to make fun of a some ones religion or cast . None of what u said was my intentions. I am not trying to pick up fights , U dont like the joke fine........

BOND

Is it the weather or admission session that suddenly everyone is less tolerant . It was a simple joke dont make it a religous discussion.

Well arent we all getting too tuchy here.Metlie i can understand y u dont like this joke BUT giffy give me a break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont start it.

Originally posted by Bond
well Giffy

As i said earlier this joke is not ment to hurt someones felling. Dont try to make it sound like it was ment to make fun of a some ones religion or cast . None of what u said was my intentions. I am not trying to pick up fights , U dont like the joke fine........

BOND

Oh c*** here we go again! Bond I understand your point, but just go ahead and delete the joke, and let's get it over with.

Hey Bond,
Not meant to fight. well i guess i just felt that way. sure you can post stuff that you wish to. So chill...we are all good friends...no ill feelings
Meggs...one more post for you...any comments????
Giffy

Originally posted by meetlife
what should i say.............well i am a sikh my mother never wrote anything like that to me.......anyways can not appreciate such stupid jokes much...............i am touchy........can not help it......

Hey there Meetlife..

I understand you're being touchy, its hard to appreciate jokes aimed at our own community, it hurts... but sometimes we have to learn to laugh at ourselves.. Life, especially life outside the safety of your homeland, is hard. Being sensitive is just going to make life harder. I'm not saying you have to take everything lying down.. but sometimes you just have to try not sweating the small stuff. :)

See, I'm Malayali, but I found the mallu accent jawks, SIMbLY too funny. :p And I think a lot of others did too. Anyway, Im not putting you down or anything, you're entitled to your own feelings, this is just a suggestion... take care! :)

Tasha

hi totally tasha....................
thanks a lot buddy................well i understand that but the actual prob comes in when those people who make fun of u can not stand it when the same is done to them............this is my personal experience...........i do not know abt people on the forum....but those whom i come across everyday.......

Originally posted by Giffy
Stupid joke...not a joke to make fun of people on basis of religion or caste on public forum. I understand your feelings meetlife.
Giffy

hey everybody relax..................................lets not put up a fight for this...............what i meant was that as long as its fun its fine but then.....in real life there are people who laugh at others but can not take it themselves.....................it hurts.............can not help it...........

rationally.......how many there can actually stand a joke i post there on hindus...........christians..............or for that matter any religion or group...............i can digest it but how many of u can actually take being ridiculed....................

well yes we are free to post anything but at the price of the peace at SDN..........................................that too when the post is not life saving aid........

b/w.......bond no hard feelings buddy..........i just said what i felt......

Status
Not open for further replies.