A Generically Irritating Post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mojo

This is mostly for laughs... not to be taken seriously. Inspired by a few 'disgruntled' posters, you know who you are!

"I have a 4.0 gpa. overall :eek: , 4.0 science :eek: , and saved the ozone layer :eek: , but I am quite worried :( about my MCAT score of 13-15VR :eek: , 15Bio :eek: , 15 phys, and a K on the writing!!!! :mad: I can't believe I did so HORRIBLE. I will do better next time! Can anyone, please, lift my spirits?! " ;)

BTW: Should I take the Princeton Review or Kaplan's??

Members don't see this ad.

HAHAHAHA I couldn't agree with you more. People need to get real with themselves and get rid of that putrid PRE-MEd syndrome. RElax and all will be well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with those scores. Any gerbil could walk into the MCAT and score a 43 - after all, a 43 isn't perfect. And that writing score - well let's just say that you've kind of dug yourself into a hole. Maybe a Pulitzer would help.

Best of luck :p

Originally posted by Jetson:
•after all, a 43 isn't perfect•

Actually, a 43 is as perfect as any gerbil can get. Rather, a 43-45 is the actual score. 13-15 is the highest verbal score possible now. :)

Hey, what do you expect from a gerbil?

I don't know, Tony, maybe you should sleep with a couple adcom members just to seal the deal. Maybe even all of them. At the same time.

Originally posted by dtreese:
•I don't know, Tony, maybe you should sleep with a couple adcom members just to seal the deal. Maybe even all of them. At the same time.•

I dunno, Tony. Seeing that picture you posted (the muppet of Tony) sleeping with adcom members may ruin your chances completely. Although, for the low price of $1199 Red Light Review will help you with your "problems". The key is not what you know, but how you deal with problems that come your way. RLR's instructors give you "hands on" practice, with award-winning techniques that are not taught anywhere else. The key is practice!!! You'll surely win any adcom over!

I don't know...you might wanna retake the MCAT to improve on the writing sample! :eek: I have a friend who has a 2,3,3,T who is looking pretty competitive. :p :) :D

This is a VERY serious post on a VERY serious topic. After hearing about improved chances, I finally broke down and decided to sleep with an ADCOM. They were very convincing, talking about "supporting my application" and "preferred status on the waitlist" and all the usual pre-med pillow talk. What can I say? I'm only human and they broke down my resolve.

Well, you can imagine what happened. I didn't get in. My calls to the admissions committee wouldn't get returned. They "thought I was a great candidate" but kept talking about the "really competitive pool of applicants" and the usual BS about "having a hard time making a decision." In the end, they just wanted to be friends and "wished me well in future endeavors."

I tried calling over the summer, but they were all infatuated with the new students. I've seen ADCOM around on the interview circuit, but it's just weird. I asked about Early Decision for next year, but they didn't think I was "their caliber of applicant." Oh yeah, well screw them! So, I learned my lesson the hard way. Don't make my same mistake!

Originally posted by Dave2K:
•... Oh yeah, well screw them!•
I take it you mean this literally as well. ;)

Originally posted by Dave2K:
[QB]Well, you can imagine what happened. I didn't get in. My calls to the admissions committee wouldn't get returned. QB]

Dave,
This is exactly why you need to take a course! However, I think the damage has been done. Next time, you need to apply to a completely different set of schools! Keep at it!

Originally posted by Popoy:
•LOL!!! :D

Sneaky Popoy!! ..but I'm on to you with your short posts. :p ;)

Originally posted by Tony Clifton*:
•This is mostly for laughs... not to be taken seriously. Inspired by a few 'disgruntled' posters, you know who you are!

"I have a 4.0 gpa. overall :eek: , 4.0 science :eek: , and saved the ozone layer :eek: , but I am quite worried :( about my MCAT score of 13-15VR :eek: , 15Bio :eek: , 15 phys, and a K on the writing!!!! :mad: I can't believe I did so HORRIBLE. I will do better next time! Can anyone, please, lift my spirits?! " ;)

BTW: Should I take the Princeton Review or Kaplan's??•

Thats sooo funny! we were just talking about that in the chat room. I know several people like that, and it seems alot of those type of people like to hang out at SDN (its a good place for them to brag). Hardcore gunners crack me up!!

newfocus out~

People who brag like that have low self-esteem and are possibly bad in bed. In fact, I heard that MCAT scores are negatively correlated with sexual performance.

Really.... which study was that in? ;) :D

Originally posted by showee:
•I dunno, Tony. Seeing that picture you posted (the muppet of Tony) sleeping with adcom members may ruin your chances completely. Although, for the low price of $1199 Red Light Review will help you with your "problems". The key is not what you know, but how you deal with problems that come your way. RLR's instructors give you "hands on" practice, with award-winning techniques that are not taught anywhere else. The key is practice!!! You'll surely win any adcom over!•

Come on, is this a face only an adcom could love?
b5.jpg

That's not true, I did poorly on the MCAT and have never had a reputation as a stud. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: