A Generically Irritating Post

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mojo, Jun 21, 2001.

1. This is mostly for laughs... not to be taken seriously. Inspired by a few 'disgruntled' posters, you know who you are!

"I have a 4.0 gpa. overall :eek: , 4.0 science :eek: , and saved the ozone layer :eek: , but I am quite worried :( about my MCAT score of 13-15VR :eek: , 15Bio :eek: , 15 phys, and a K on the writing!!!! :mad: I can't believe I did so HORRIBLE. I will do better next time! Can anyone, please, lift my spirits?! " ;)

BTW: Should I take the Princeton Review or Kaplan's??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dude7

dude7 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

HAHAHAHA I couldn't agree with you more. People need to get real with themselves and get rid of that putrid PRE-MEd syndrome. RElax and all will be well.

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  5. pete.

pete. Member
    7+ Year Member

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with those scores. Any gerbil could walk into the MCAT and score a 43 - after all, a 43 isn't perfect. And that writing score - well let's just say that you've kind of dug yourself into a hole. Maybe a Pulitzer would help.

Best of luck :p

6. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Actually, a 43 is as perfect as any gerbil can get. Rather, a 43-45 is the actual score. 13-15 is the highest verbal score possible now. :)

7. pete.

pete. Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, what do you expect from a gerbil?

8. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

You got me. That IS pretty good for a gerbil. ;)

9. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't know, Tony, maybe you should sleep with a couple adcom members just to seal the deal. Maybe even all of them. At the same time.

10. showeeeeeeeee

showeeeeeeeee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I dunno, Tony. Seeing that picture you posted (the muppet of Tony) sleeping with adcom members may ruin your chances completely. Although, for the low price of $1199 Red Light Review will help you with your "problems". The key is not what you know, but how you deal with problems that come your way. RLR's instructors give you "hands on" practice, with award-winning techniques that are not taught anywhere else. The key is practice!!! You'll surely win any adcom over!

11. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know...you might wanna retake the MCAT to improve on the writing sample! :eek: I have a friend who has a 2,3,3,T who is looking pretty competitive. :p :) :D

12. Dave2K

Dave2K Member
    10+ Year Member

This is a VERY serious post on a VERY serious topic. After hearing about improved chances, I finally broke down and decided to sleep with an ADCOM. They were very convincing, talking about "supporting my application" and "preferred status on the waitlist" and all the usual pre-med pillow talk. What can I say? I'm only human and they broke down my resolve.

Well, you can imagine what happened. I didn't get in. My calls to the admissions committee wouldn't get returned. They "thought I was a great candidate" but kept talking about the "really competitive pool of applicants" and the usual BS about "having a hard time making a decision." In the end, they just wanted to be friends and "wished me well in future endeavors."

I tried calling over the summer, but they were all infatuated with the new students. I've seen ADCOM around on the interview circuit, but it's just weird. I asked about Early Decision for next year, but they didn't think I was "their caliber of applicant." Oh yeah, well screw them! So, I learned my lesson the hard way. Don't make my same mistake!

13. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I take it you mean this literally as well. ;)

14. showeeeeeeeee

showeeeeeeeee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dave,
    This is exactly why you need to take a course! However, I think the damage has been done. Next time, you need to apply to a completely different set of schools! Keep at it!

15. LaRa CRoFt

LaRa CRoFt Member
    7+ Year Member

Sneaky Popoy!! ..but I'm on to you with your short posts. :p ;)

16. newfocus

newfocus Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thats sooo funny! we were just talking about that in the chat room. I know several people like that, and it seems alot of those type of people like to hang out at SDN (its a good place for them to brag). Hardcore gunners crack me up!!

newfocus out~

17. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

People who brag like that have low self-esteem and are possibly bad in bed. In fact, I heard that MCAT scores are negatively correlated with sexual performance.

18. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Really.... which study was that in? ;) :D

19. Come on, is this a face only an adcom could love? [​IMG]

20. wooo

wooo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

That's not true, I did poorly on the MCAT and have never had a reputation as a stud. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: