SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

A "j-1?"

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by camjakb, Jul 18, 2002.

  1. camjakb

    camjakb Member 10+ Year Member

    Apr 5, 2001
    buffalo, ny 14215
    What exactly is a "J-1?" I was browsing the internal medicine classifieds in JAMA and most of them said "no J-1's accepted."
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Long Hair and a Beard

    Long Hair and a Beard Obsessionist 7+ Year Member

    Jan 10, 2002
    Could it mean foreigners who are in US on a J1 visa?

  4. Winged Scapula

    Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

    Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member
    That's what it means.
  5. leorl

    leorl Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

    Jan 2, 2001
    j-1's are short term work visas (like over the summer) for foreigners (europeans and people from the UK). it's very popular for them to come here for summer work (but really they're earning money to travel and party, so they're not really making much at all :) ).

Share This Page