A Lesson in Perseverance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Madness202

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from undergrad back in 2011. I applied to PT school during the fall semester of my senior year. I did not get accepted. During the next cycle, I got more observation hours, couple of certifications, an additional letter of recommendation, and applied 2 months earlier than I did the previous year. I ended up waitlisted at two schools, but was ultimately not offered admission. During this cycle, I was naturally discouraged but was urged by my parents to apply one more time. I had put all my effort into my previous application, and not hearing a final rejection until August made it impossible to retake summer classes to improve my GPA. I reached out to my previous 3 letter of recommendation authors, as well as one new one. I also devoted way much more time on my essays and explained how much I really wanted to be a PT. I applied to 15(!) schools and got nothing but rejections, until I got a waitlist offer in the middle of March. I almost gave up hope, until today when I finally got an acceptance letter in my email. I was unbelievably ecstatic to see that all my hard work and persistence paid off. So, for those who will be applying for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time next cycle, keep the faith. Anything is possible. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! That sounds very similar to my situation, except for the acceptance part :) Where did you just get in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance! Make the most of it!!!!

congrats!!! perseverance does pay off! yay for DPT class of 2016!!

What are your stats?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Congrats to you and good luck! I was just rejected for the 2nd straight year so as I regroup for the next cycle it is inspiring to see someone else in the same situation achieve their dream. Third times a charm!

Thank you, everyone. I knew my stats were below average so that's why I put all my effort into my essays and my letters of recommendation.

Cumulative GPA: 3.2 (includes C- in Math that was retaken and turned into an A; and a B- in Bio that I retook and turned into an A.)

Pre-Req GPA: 3.0

GRE: 450 (150 on current scale) Verbal, 560 (146 on current scale) Quantititative, Writing 4.0.

100+ observation hours in two outpatient clinics.

Congrats to you and good luck! I was just rejected for the 2nd straight year so as I regroup for the next cycle it is inspiring to see someone else in the same situation achieve their dream. Third times a charm!

Anything is possible! Best of luck to you in the next cycle

So proud for you! Thank your parents, then go celebrate!!!!!!!

Congrats thats awesome!

This is great...Congrats...feel proud to have amazing parents and never forget what they did...Good Luck for the future :)