A little bit of help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental_14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most secondary applications have a section to write an essay explaining low grades, so you should be afforded that opportunity.

However, depending how you do on the DAT you will likely have to explore a post-bac or masters program. Given if you go with the traditional timeline, you will be applying this summer, meaning you only have one more semester's worth of grades, I doubt your GPA will have much movement. Try your best and ACE your classes next semester, kill your DAT, and apply early to a broad, yet thoughtful school base and you may have a shot, albeit a long one. Be prepared for the possibility of having to take a year or two off to improve that GPA.

Thanks.
I do not plan on applying this summer, I won't be done with my prereqs by then. I plan on applying the following summer. Will this affect my application?

Besides my first year, I have always taken 15 credits, they just haven't been bio courses.
Nah the timeline won't matter much, search around the boards and you'll see there are people well into their 40s applying and getting in.

Just make sure you're doing something worthwhile in that gap year.