A Little Clarification Please..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaKaye55

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen many threads noting a title of .." Application cyle 2007..." or something along those lines. When one refers to an "application cycle" is it the year that you are applying, which for most is their junior year I presume, or is it the year that you expect to matriculate into medical school? For example, I plan to matriculate into medical school, assuming all goes well, the year 2009. So am I applying for cycle 2008? If not, could someone who knows what they are talking about please clarify my confusion? Thank you for those who take time out to respond.

Members don't see this ad.

The people currently applying to medical school are in the 2007 application cycle for matriculation in 2007. You will be the 2009 application cycle.

MaKaye55 said:
I've seen many threads noting a title of .." Application cyle 2007..." or something along those lines. When one refers to an "application cycle" is it the year that you are applying, which for most is their junior year I presume, or is it the year that you expect to matriculate into medical school? For example, I plan to matriculate into medical school, assuming all goes well, the year 2009. So am I applying for cycle 2008? If not, could someone who knows what they are talking about please clarify my confusion? Thank you for those who take time out to respond.

It refers to when you are going to start Med School if all goes well. Sometime you will also see it referred to as the 2006-2007 cycle, i.e. apply in 06 to maticulate in 07. :thumbup:

Thank you both!