A little confidence booster

Started by JakeMUSC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JakeMUSC

D3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I guess what Im looking for, by posting this thread is some positive reinforcement, (since i get 0 from my family and friends) 😡 .

I studied 8 hrs a day for 20 days straight and got less than I expected, 17/17, on July 12th. During that session I took 4 practice tests ( Kaplan blue book, kaplan cd, ADA DAT practice test, and another kaplan practice)

Since Septemper 15th, I have been studying 10 hrs a day! I have already taken 6 practice tests,( kap blue book, kap cd, ada dat, 2 barrons, 1 kap).
I am continuing to study 10hrs a day, and am taking 7 more practice tests ( 3 topscore, 4 ace the dats), and will take the DAT on Oct. 22nd.

So my questions is, shouldnt the law of averages in itself give me at least a 19/19?!?!!?!?! Are there anyother SDNers that study this much? I have a 3.2, stellar recommendations from my research mentor, my dentist i shadowed, and 3 sci profs.
 
JakeMUSC said:
Hey everyone. I guess what Im looking for, by posting this thread is some positive reinforcement, (since i get 0 from my family and friends) 😡 .

I studied 8 hrs a day for 20 days straight and got less than I expected, 17/17, on July 12th. During that session I took 4 practice tests ( Kaplan blue book, kaplan cd, ADA DAT practice test, and another kaplan practice)

Since Septemper 15th, I have been studying 10 hrs a day! I have already taken 6 practice tests,( kap blue book, kap cd, ada dat, 2 barrons, 1 kap).
I am continuing to study 10hrs a day, and am taking 7 more practice tests ( 3 topscore, 4 ace the dats), and will take the DAT on Oct. 22nd.

So my questions is, shouldnt the law of averages in itself give me at least a 19/19?!?!!?!?! Are there anyother SDNers that study this much? I have a 3.2, stellar recommendations from my research mentor, my dentist i shadowed, and 3 sci profs.

you'll be fine..i mean that. i see you at least pushing a 18 if not 20. 3.20 is solid but not spectacular but your letters will help for sure. good luck!
 
JakeMUSC said:
Hey everyone. I guess what Im looking for, by posting this thread is some positive reinforcement, (since i get 0 from my family and friends) 😡 .

I studied 8 hrs a day for 20 days straight and got less than I expected, 17/17, on July 12th. During that session I took 4 practice tests ( Kaplan blue book, kaplan cd, ADA DAT practice test, and another kaplan practice)

Since Septemper 15th, I have been studying 10 hrs a day! I have already taken 6 practice tests,( kap blue book, kap cd, ada dat, 2 barrons, 1 kap).
I am continuing to study 10hrs a day, and am taking 7 more practice tests ( 3 topscore, 4 ace the dats), and will take the DAT on Oct. 22nd.

So my questions is, shouldnt the law of averages in itself give me at least a 19/19?!?!!?!?! Are there anyother SDNers that study this much? I have a 3.2, stellar recommendations from my research mentor, my dentist i shadowed, and 3 sci profs.

listen, i'm not gonna tell you that i think you are gonna do better. you know why? because i KNOW you are gonna do better.

go to the test, and just be confident. I mean like really confident; as if it was a practice test you paid for. don't think of your future; dont think of anything else; just give it your best.

seems to me you gave the DAT the studying it needs.

Go to the DAT, rock it; come back to SDN; and give us the good news buddy.

I wish you the best of luck...