a little help for a pre-pharmacy student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raining4days

current status: zzzzzzzz
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you can provide some links to guide my brother in the right direction (there are no stickies on this board).

My brother is a college sophomore in southern california and is thinking about going into pharmacy. He doesn't really know much about the prerequisites about getting into pharmacy. I found out that pharmacy schools don't have a "universal" prerequisites like medical school.

Since my brother is in college in southern California, he has been looking at Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona). Is this a good school to study pharmacy?

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it very much. (I told my brother about this website, but he doesn't like SDN :mad: ). Thanks guys. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the links don't work.... but I think I could figure it out.

Thanks GravyRPH :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Eeek. Ya, none of those thread links work anymore.
Ahhh well.

Just in case it isn't linked in any of the forum threads mentioned, the website of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) is a great resource. Click on the section on the left side of the screen entitled "For Students and Applicants" for a good starting point.

http://www.aacp.org

We had 5 Western students transfer to my school this year, 3 of them (individually) telling similar "tales of woe" regarding the school. (I'll leave it at that ;) ) Tell your brother to try to take the tour of the school, and try to talk with current upper level students.