A Little Humor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schoolpsych1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
trans.gif
How to Respond to a Rejection Letter​

Ever wish you had a clever way to answer all those rejection letters? Here's how one graduate applicant chose to respond:
Graduate Admissions Committee
Department of Psychology
Big Deal University
Collegeville, USA

Dear Committee Members:
Thanks for your letter of March 30. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your rejection at this time.
This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of schools, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals. Despite your outstanding record and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my current career needs. Consequently, I will begin taking classes as a graduate student in your department this August. I look forward to seeing you then. Best of luck in rejecting future applicants. Sincerely Yours,
[Name Withheld]

I thought this was funny this morning, another day maybe not...hope it made someone smile!

Members don't see this ad.

lol it made me smile ! I love that , it's brilliant , so this student truly did that ?

Supposedly so....if you're not going, it's a nice way to let off steam, I have a feeling, depending on the school, the staff got a good laugh after reading it.
I also was on a site that had "grad school" mistakes in CV's, apps, etc. with spelling, grammar, etc. Some of them as you might think, were embarassing but I'm sure the senders eye didn't see it. That's why it's good to have someone else check and then someone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Supposedly so....if you're not going, it's a nice way to let off steam, I have a feeling, depending on the school, the staff got a good laugh after reading it.
I also was on a site that had "grad school" mistakes in CV's, apps, etc. with spelling, grammar, etc. Some of them as you might think, were embarassing but I'm sure the senders eye didn't see it. That's why it's good to have someone else check and then someone else!

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you?

PhD Comics is good for grad school humor as well. Reading the archives got me through the application process. :D

PhD Comics is good for grad school humor as well. Reading the archives got me through the application process. :D

I love PhD comics! Even though I'm not in grad school yet (hopefully in a year :luck:) I can relate to so many of those comics from just working in a lab.