1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

A little info about NYU

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jchen1161732, Feb 27, 2007.

1. jchen1161732

Pre-Dental
    I've seen a lot of posts on this forum about people wondering if they should choose NYU over other schools so I thought I'd write my thoughts about the school. I'm currently a D3 student. If you have a choice of going to any other school please save yourself the money and hassle and go. No matter where you go you'll find a lot of flaws with the school you choose. Let me explain my complaints with NYU.

1. Its a very expensive school but I don't feel its worth it for the clinical education you get. I don't think the value of the education is worth a $70,000/ year tuition bill. Living in NYC can be very expensive and if I could do it over again I would prefer to go some place smaller. There is honestly very little time to enjoy all NYC offers.

2. We started out with 232 people at the beginning of our first year and currently we have a little under 200. NYU has done a lot to try and better their reputation of being a weed out school but we still lose a lot of students. With such a big class size, no one will give you personalized attention that you may get at another school. A lot of students tranfer and drop out but the majority are dismissed.

3. The faculty is not the best in the world. People teaching you anatomy, biochem, organ systems, physio and gen path are not the greatest in the world. Recently the departments have decided to make the exams very very hard in order to get students to score higher on the Step 1 boards. They want to increase the reputation of the school very badly under the current Dean. It doesn't seem fair to make the exams next to impossible and not teach the material to students. Most faculty in clinic are genuinely good and out to help you but many can have bad egos and get very nasty.

In a nutshell...if NYU is your only acceptance then defintely take it and run but if you have a choice between NYU and ANY OTHER SCHOOL....go to another school.

-Cheers

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. keibee82

keibee82 Blue_tooth...
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    now thats scary... one of people i knew from undergrat got kicked out from
    NYU last year. I wonder how many survives...

4. Cymbidium

Cymbidium Awesome.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Great. (see my signature)

5. teeth2

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i know dental school is hard but how bad do you have to do to actually get kicked out? do you have to get a C or better in classes or do these people actually fail a lot of their classes and then get kicked out?

6. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does NYU have any kind of assistance for people that aren't passing classes? It seems that most schools try their best to not let people fail out.

7. DocPainless

2+ Year Member

Doesn't NYU have 130 or so students start first year and then another 100 enter second year as advanced placement international students?

8. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    no 230 first year, then an addition 100 Advanced Placement international ppl start second year...jb!:)

p.s.--this guy may be tellin the 100% truth, but take what he says w/ a grain of salt (dude has 1 post)

9. prez_al

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is NYU the new UConn?? And also, the fact of students being kicked out because they can't cut it is pretty true when I asked Dr. Hittelman about that (he was blunt).

10. mymouthsmells

mymouthsmells Old Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I respect jchen1161732's opinion. And it's unfortunate that this one negative opinion of NYU will bring panic to several SDN members as well as override the multitude of positive posts attempting to squash the rumor mill.

However, people who post things on here generally have a polarized view (especially negative opinions). You'll always have more unhappy students posting to 'vent' their anger as oppose to students who are content with their school because they, quite frankly, don't give a damn of what other people think. That's just how it and life works.

I use to care when people bashed NYU, especially those who never even visited NYU (or got invited for that matter). I can't find one person on here who interviewed at NYU and wasn't impressed by the facilities and amenities NYUCD has to offer.

NYU has a remediation period during the summer for those who fail a class. Also, I hate it when people blame the school when they fail. Unless it's the majority of the class that fails, the onus is on you to do well. Assuming 30 people have dropped out in 2 years, that's a 6.5% drop out rate per year. If that's high, somebody tell me as I don't know what the average is. So what about the 200 people who have passed, I doubt they all share the same sentiments as the OP.

11. fancymylotus

fancymylotus A Whole New World
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

My interviewer(who was pretty awesome,actually) blamed 9/11 for NYU's large attrition rate and said that because people were not willing to move to NYC, in particular that area since Financial District is so close to the school, lowered the class standards for the few following classes,leading to a large attrition rate.

12. cyclonesurfer

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    the OP mentioned transferring out of NYU.

I didn't know that transferring was possible. can anyone elaborate?

Thanks!

13. jorUW

jorUW Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    From what we were told at the interview day, you are given ample opportunity to make up for failed classes by retaking them in the summer. Based on what we were told about how it all works, i dont know if I would want someone that slacked off that much to get kicked out working on me anyway. It was something like 4 failed classes and than failing them again over the summer.

edit: didn't read the whole thread, sorry for the duplicate info

14. darksky

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

this school sounds like a high class chicken ranch.
    i wonder how they got the accreditation.

15. toysareus

toysareus Member
    5+ Year Member

I am a D4 at NYU. The person who started this thread is correct, but I think we're a little jaded. Both of us have been at NYU a long time and are itching to get out. I think anyone at any dental school nearing the end of their third or fourth year would say the same. While I do have a lot of complaints about NYU, I wouldn't totally throw it in the garbage. It has its positives and negatives just like any school.
    Oh, and as far as failing goes, I think it's very difficult to fail out or remediate a year.
    I have never failed a course, but I have seen many people do it and they have many opportunities to pass and not get kicked out. I think people who were kicked out were just not meant to be in dental school.

16. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    would you mind listing the positives & negatives?

jb!:)

17. Ething

Ething Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The thing that I love the most about these posts is that the pre-dental students who interviewed or will be attending NYU get all upset when someone bashes NYU. They try to defend it by repeating things that they heard during the interview. The funny thing is, it is the DENTAL STUDENTS at NYU who are bashing it, not random pre-dents in this forum. I would listen to the advice of a dental student at NYU any day over a pre-dent who had a good interview there. I was there myself for an interview and they began the day by telling us that all the rumors were not true (I would be cautious about any school that begins the day by trying to defend themselves). Meanwhile, I walk around and find my cousin who is a D3 there and she tells me that the rumors are all true. Here is a bit of a newsflash: SCHOOLS WILL DO/SAY ALMOST ANYTHING AT THE INTERVIEW TO LEAVE YOU WITH POSITIVE IMPRESSION ABOUT THEIR PROGRAM. Many of the students that I ran into said the same thing as the OP, if you get in ANYWHERE else, go there. Obviously, if you only got into NYU you go there and make the best of it. I found out later on that the dental students at NYU who were saying positive things about the program were on scholarship. The words of a D3 on full scholarship at NYU: "Only come here if they offer you a full ride".

18. blue_moon01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    this is alarming to read but I'm still excited and confident in my choice to attend NYU.

The only negative thing I know of is the high tuition. As for the dropping out rate... I blame it on the students, themselves. If you've got the brains and the right work ethics you won't fail-out. So don't blame the school.

Let's be logical about this.
    1) students= income
    So it would be kinda dumb so a school to weed out "income" right?

19. darksky

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    so u meant to say that anyone can buy the dds degree from this school ??

20. jorUW

jorUW Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What he/she is saying is that it would be bad for any school to lose students b/c they depend on our tuition.

21. Mackchops

Mackchops Toothy grin
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Someone always has to complain about something. I loved how much people would complain about how hard a test was in undergrad and how "unfair that teacher was" for making the test so hard! "I can't believe we had to know the origin and insertion for ALL those muscles".... as I walk out holding my A. It's what you make of it and I believe that nowhere is this more true than at NYU. I'm looking forward to it... despite the naysayers.

22. sadipagla

sadipagla Future DPM
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    No matter which school you go to, you have to do the hardest part yourself, which is studying. Having a little support system can't hurt though.

23. JohnDoeDDS

JohnDoeDDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The rumor is that they except MORE students than they have room for in the actual clinics. So they get that extra income the first year or two and then they kick you out, or "you fail out" because by definition they have to fail a certain amount of people... At least that is what the rumor is so everyone there is usally extra stressed out because they worry about getting kicked out.

24. Mahaveer

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The person that started this thread is right. I've had three cousins of which one graduated and two are at NYU and tell me the exact same thing. NYU accepts way more people than they have room for in the clinics. Its a really messed up attitude to accept students with a policy that you have to kick a certain number out before third year. It sucks to have to pay that much money and invest that much time and energy and have nothing to show for it.

Mackchops...we all hope that you walk out holding your A next year but I think what this person is trying to say is that people that fail out don't do it because they slack off and don't study...I don't think anyone with the intellegence to get accepted into d-school will intentionally slack off. Many people who fail out do so because they don't have resources to seek help from when they're having trouble.

25. sadipagla

sadipagla Future DPM
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Some serious accusations. Dental schools are regulated someway or another and there has to be someone who checks whether a dental school accepts more students than they are supposed to.

26. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is the attrition rate at NYU consistence with the other dental school?

27. mmasurf

10+ Year Member

i talked to the guy i shadow he is an nyu graduate, there are like 20 ppl who get kicked out after given the chance to repeat the course and the year and they sill failed so that explains it, as for kicking people out just for fun i doubt it every student is a huge investment for the school and they need that student's tuition.

28. gel1681

gel1681 Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i'm a D1 at NYU
    no, i have no fears of being thrown out and am not stressed out about making sure that i dont fall into this category no one here seems to know about (the ur gonna get thrown out b/c we have no room for u)- rumor isnt tru-- if u fail a class, u get a chance to remediate... if u fail that too then wat do u expect them to do, make u repeat a year again w/ the chance ur just goin to fail again?

as for the laziness thing- u'd be surprised how many of the intelligent people who get into d-school are just lazy... theres quite a few people who never show up for any class- even the mandatory ones where quizzes are given... some of them get friends to sign them in, which will get them in trouble when the teacher finds out (happened once already), and some dont care about the lost pts due to attendance...

bottom line is, if u keep up the study habits that got u in, u'll get by... if u wanna specialize, u better study ur ass off b/c in any d-school theres gonna be the gunners going for the 4.0 and NYU is no exception...

as for the teachers all sucking and making the exams extra hard to prep us for boards- umm, i kinda like that- itll make it easier for me when i actually take them... the claim that said the teachers test u on stuff they dont mention in class- not tru-- ive accessed vitalbook only once , for anatomy, and that was to look at extra diagrams of body parts on grey's... i'd say 99% of the material is on class slides or was mentioned in class... one more thing, on our last histo exam, our class avg is expected to be in the mid 80s (how can the whole class do that well if theres questions never mentioned before)

granted, my experience here is less than a full year, but i have completed anatomy, biochem, cellbio, about to finish histo, and in the middle of physio, and so far its been pretty easy... the main thing is to put the work into it when u have to...

one last thing... i've been gettin emails from support people at NYU at least once a month bout dealin with stress and getting help in a subject if i'm doing bad... theres also been study sessions with upperclassmen for the basic sciences classes, but i dont know how those are since i havent had a need for them... so the support is there, u just have to go to it if u need it- they wont force u if u dont want it, u'll just pay for it by failing and possibly being thrown out if u cant rememdiate...

i'm done rambling, i have a health promotion final to get back to...

29. cel083

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    All this being said, if people can retake dental subjects at NYU (or elsewhere?) during the summer, can they take them for the first time during the summer? Or is summer already filled with another class you have to take?

30. toysareus

toysareus Member
    5+ Year Member

Positives
    1. Clinical experience- it's in NYC, you can see anything you want. You get strange patients, (90% of them are weird). I imagine getting out in the real world, dealing with normal people will be a nice adjustment.
    2. PG progams. It's what you make out of it. If you are interested in a PG program, you can assist, go there everyday, learn more, see more, do more.
    3. Lots of classmates- It's a less competitive atmosphere because there are so many of you. I enjoy larger class size.
    4. Lots of advanced standing students- some of these students are very good dentists and help you out more than some of the faculty.
    5. Living in NYC is fun!
    6. Clinical time- you are assigned only 4 hours of clinic time a day. However, the clinics run from 8am-8pm. Theoretically, if you are a go getter, you can go to clinic 12 hours a day. Clinic is broken up into two sections. The A group goes at a set hour, the B group goes the opposite hours. Some students work both sessions and get quite a bit of extra clinical time.
    7. Brand new facilities. Nice sim labs, very nice clinics
    8. Invisalign certification
    9. Compared to other dental schools, the clinical requirements aren't that bad!

Negatives
    1. Large class size- I don't see this as a negative, but some do.
    2. Expensive
    3. Sometimes hard to get help from faculty because of the number of students. Generally, there is a pros, endo, perio, and 2-3 general dentists for 30-35 students. A ratio of 1:6 or 1:7. Unfortunately, sometimes there is a shortage of faculty and there may be 3 faculty for about 30 students or more.
    4. I didn't like the block rotations that the classes were put in. I'm not sure how the didactics are anymore, but when I was a first and second year, we would have anatomy for 7 weeks, biochem for 4 weeks, etc. I didn't learn much that way.
    5. Again, not sure how it will be in the future years, but my class was not given off time to study for the NBDE I or II. It was terrible. We were rushed from finals to studying for boards. We did not even get a single day off to study for boards! The D3s, the class behind us, did get two weeks off for NBDE I and did quite well. I'm not sure if they will get time off for part 2 and I'm not sure how they will run this in the future.

People say NYU fails students out, but honestly, it's quite difficult. NYU gives you plenty of chances. There are some serious slackers and it's no wonder when I see them having to remediate or get the boot!
    I see some that tried really hard, studied hard, but never made the grades. I just don't think they were meant for dental school. I also see some that don't do anything, study the day before the exam, fail over and over....who's fault is that!

31. staroceanX

staroceanX Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    There you have the people that like the style of nyucd and the ones that don't. I just want to mention a bit on the tuition and a bit on this debate that has been going on forever............

Tuition is high for NYUCD no doubt. Also, living in NYC cost lots of money as well. I DID choose NYUCD over many other schools and attending there next year for lots of reasons. However, I think the decision really depends on the person. For me, I've been in suburban areas for high school and college. I can not take another 4 years of "besides studying, there's nothing else to do here". Also, I like the cultural diversity of NYC and NYU. I'm Asian, and there are far more Asians in NYC then other cities. So in a sense, I'm paying more money because I want a good social life as well.

On the other hand, I can totally see someone that lived in NYC or other cities all their lives and now want to experience suburban area. Or, if someone has a family and have to consider the condition of a city for raising children. I can see people that enjoys the quietness of suburban areas and hate cities.

Who's to say who's right or wrong.... This is why the decision all depends on your background. Don't let rumors or "oh since everybody is doing this, I must do it too" affect you.

32. pts218

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    As a student who's gone through 4 years at NYU and constantly get questions from predents touring through our school about how the school "has to kick out x number of students a year" I just want to say that's absolutely false. There is no arbitrary number that they want in the clinics, if all 230 can pass all their classes and boards then they all move on to 3rd year.

And yes there were most certainly people who were complete slackers and failed out, even some who are still at school that were smart enough/lucky to still be around. The school also gives ample opportunity to get help/remmediate if need be as well. I think part of the problem is that some people who get accepted just cant handle dental school scholastically, have issues with home sickness, or are just mentally unprepared for the rigors that is dental school.

Basically, I don't know if NYU will ever get out of this stigma that's been around for ages, but the fear of getting kicked out shouldn't sway anyone from coming to this school. I think it's very easy to get distracted about what people say about every program, but ultimately you are the one who has to go through 4 years of education at whatever institution you decide. Everyone will have gone through different experiences that give their perspective a slant that could be completely opposite from the next person you ask. There are pros and cons to any school, but something you love about a program, just might be something that another person hates about it.

I was lucky to get into multiple dental schools so I had a choice, and ultimately I went against what I kept hearing about all the negatives about NYU because I really felt like I could belong there, that it could give me opportunities and experiences that I wouldn't get anywhere else. NYU allowed me to do research, a ton of extracurricular activities and volunteering opportunities, I've had a bunch of patients and did a lot of procedures, the ability to interact and observe every specialty, including an implant clinic and an aesthetics dept., and I've met a bunch of great people who I became great friends with.

Yes the tuition is steep, but I definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

33. Buldog

How unconscionable!!!! Get off the air, the NYU ADministrator! This is the Student Doctor Network. It's easy to point you out and the only way to point is :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

34. Buldog

NYUCD has 2 academic advisors/entire student body.:eek:
    and this includes international transfers into the second year.
    that's really personalized attention. :laugh: :laugh:
    Now, that's Really getting your money's worth. :laugh:

35. darksky

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

u can tell me somthing about the clinic ??

36. Mahaveer

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    During my interview last week...NYU said that it doesn't kick its students out about six times. In fact that was the very first thing the tour guide told us. It did seem a little odd that people were trying that hard to erase their reputation. When I asked a second year he told me that a bunch of people were kicked out first year and second year. In fact he told me that if you don't pass your NDBE Step 1 before a certain date...you're automatically out at the end of your second year. He told me that if you don't pass your NDBE Step 2 for the first time you have to pay a whole years tuition and repeat another year, and if you don't pass for second time...you're out. I just feel that once a school accepts you...it has the responsibility to give you the resources to succeed. I get As in my classes now...but who knows what'll happen in dental school...I do not want to take chances with NYU

37. DDSY

DDSY Bright Lights at Night
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    And you don't think other schools would do this too?

38. Buldog

Learn from me. Don not go to NYU, even as a last resource. Reapply and be happy next year.

39. Mahaveer

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I didn't say other schools don't do it...read my post carefully. I said NYU does it....and it does it without giving students resources if they're having trouble

40. DDSY

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Many current NYU students will disagree with you. NYU does give a lot of remedial help, according to them. Just remember that in many professional schools, ie dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, if you don't pass your boards your second time, you're out. That is why many pharm companies hire former med students who can't nail the USMLE I as pharm representatives.

41. DDSY

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I may also add that NYU has the largest class in the nation. It does not have the luxury of cream-skimming applicants, like other significantly smaller schools do. It has extremely intelligent students and some others that are less motivated or just not meant for dental school. In fact if you look at the NYU facebook, you will notice that a very large percentage of the students are from pretty darn good schools (UCLA, UC Berkeley, Columbia, Colgate, NYU etc).

But the opportunities and the fact that it is in the heart of NYC makes it such a unique school. There is an advantage to going to school to where you think you are going to practice. Networking opportunities with other students (probably bound to practice around the NYC tristate area) and practicing dentists in NYC is unmatched compared to other schools.

42. toysareus

toysareus Member
    5+ Year Member

First of all, the second years are given time off to study for NBDE 1. There is no reason for a student not to take it before a given time. There is ample time.
    Second, that is not true about passing the NBDE 2 the first time and repeating the year. If you fail it, you have to wait three months to retake it (that is not NYU's policy, it is the ADA). If you take it at the right time, you can retake it 2-3 times. If you fail it after 3 tries, of course you won't graduate and will have to repeat the year. I'm sure every dental school is like this.
    This second year student heard rumors that aren't true.

43. Joe70h8

Joe70h8 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Just to add to the "I know a student at NYU and he/she said this" nonsense...the D1 I went to undergrad with said she never heard of the rumors that NYU kicks students out or that only a certain number are allowed to enter the clinics. However, she did openly state that out of the 235 students that started the year, 10 have dropped out due to health issues, financial issues, school was the wrong fit, or there was no interest in pursuing dentistry...so only 4% have left the school.

Believe what you want, but if possible, I suggest talking to someone who you know or kind of know and ask them about whatever you want to know. It's hard to trust someone on an online forum, whether they're being positive or negative.

I like what I saw when I visited the school and what current students have told me about the school and their experiences thus far. I'm excited to be part of the 2011 class.

44. Joe70h8

Joe70h8 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Double post...just trying to get my number up.

45. Joe70h8

Joe70h8 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm guessing quite a few of the interview groups have had at least a couple people who have heard about these rumors. In my group, one of the first questions someone asked was if X amount of students were kicked out after the first or second year. So if every group asks these questions, I'd assume the school would begin to think that this is a common concern that they need to clarify.

That's just my .02.

46. DDSY

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    That's my purpose for being here. Number-crunching. . . .

47. PennPB

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If you ask graduates of previous years, the time off before NBDE I wasn't always the case. Having spoken to quite a few NYU grads of the past 5 years, they've expressed a level of disgruntledness regarding NBDE I and how several of their classmates were treated - this does concern me a bit. But hell - transferring is always an option when one feels mistreated.

After speaking to a few dental professors that are friends of my family, it seems that the general feeling is that NYU operates as a dentistry mill. It is hard to expect a school of 300+/graduating class to offer personalized help, so I suspect that rumor holds an element of truth. That said, the school seems good for those who know what to expect of NYC, are self-motivated, and don't care for personal attention/nurturing. When I have had academic troubles, I've solved those problems by studying with others. With so many classmates, I'm confident I'll find a few brighter than myself who aren't tools.

48. toysareus

toysareus Member
    5+ Year Member

Yes, I was in one of the classes that did NOT get time off to study for the part I NBDE. However, they changed it last year. So now, the second years get a full 2-3 weeks off of clinics, classes, etc to JUST study for the boards. That is PLENTY of time. The class behind me (2008) did quite well on the part 1 boards, given this extra time.

49. pts218

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

Dude, you people on this forum need to grow up and act with a little bit of professionalism. I'm giving my opinion about the school I personally have been to for 4 years of my life so excuse me if I feel like I have some perspective on the topic.

I never said that the school was without its faults, however I wanted to point out to people that this notion that it fails out a certain number of people ON PURPOSE is false, that's clearly not the case and the reason why it keeps coming up is people who have no idea what the program is like tell everyone else not to come to here because you'll fail out without reason.

50. pts218

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Clinics can vary at the school since there are so many students were broken up into different group modules, which are run by different Group Practice Directors. I've heard some of the directors are not so great and others are really good. I really loved my GPD, I definitely felt like he took us under his wing when we first started out during 3rd year and really helped us build up our clinical skills and confidence level. Most of the time there should be at least 1 prosth, 1 perio, 1 endo and a few general dentistry faculty on the floor to help students.

Like a previous post mentioned, we run on 2 seperate schedules (A and B groups) with about 4 hours of patient time where you can schedule patients. You can also see patients in your off sessions, provided there's enough chairs, and seniors have an additional 2 hour session that we can work on patients. The rest of time you're pretty much free to do what you need to do, people work on prosth cases, observing in the specialty clinics, etc. 3rd year we had classes spread into the daily schedule so sometimes it'd get hectic to finish on time to make it to class but 4th year has very few lectures so it's been a lot more patient focused.

There is a large patient pool in NYC, our minimum procedure requirements on some aspects (prosth and endo) are not as high as other places, but I've been able to do more than 2-3x what's required so you can definitely learn how to do a lot of interesting cases if you want to.

Hope that helps

51. Buldog

I am a current student for your information and I am definitely getting sick and tired of the posts defending NYUCD. I see no benefit being at the school. I noticed you keep avoiding my comment on the number of ACADEMIC ADVISORS serving students. There are ONLY TWO/per entire student body. This is DISGUSTING and shows the gready character of NYUCD; students get nothing for their money. Not even damn advisors. They have you wait 2 to 3 months to schedule the appointment. It's sickening and makes me :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: