A little less shiny...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So this past summer was a really rough term. Not in the sense that I failed everything (no mellow drama here) but here's the list...

-Scored a depressing 79 on the PCAT...
-earned a "B" in Org I (89.3... w/ no B+ at my school)
-Switching to a new school - and taking the worst Org II professor in the fall
-Two of my LOR's are MIA... WTF is up with that...

Did anyone else have a rough ending to their summer. It aint the end of all things - but it wasn't the ending I would have liked to see to my summer.

~above~
 
you are not alone. I end up dropping my biochem class with a "W". That sucks!
 
Well if anyone remembers I started 2 threads on the following subjects...

- I requested a LOR from my microbio professor who I thought I knew pretty well.. turns out he wrote a average rec for me... and THEN I discover he uses someone else's name in one of the sentences instead of mine.

- Second.. I took a remedial algebra class at my university and it was offered through a local community college (but I took it at the Univ and I registered for the class through the Univ.)... turns out I do have to submit a transcript for the class eventhough it was for zero units and zero grade points (It was pass/no pass).. and so I totally missed UOP's Tier I deadline... blah

The sad thing is I prepared for this applications process starting early june, yet all these things just went awry and I'm soooooo... I don't know... bummed I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think an B in Organic is a bad thing...at least at my school it's not. My Organic I teacher only gave 20 A's in a class of 200.
 
Don't get discouraged now. You are in the homestretch and you'll be in school (wherever that may be) soon enough 🙂.
:luck:
 
Don't worry. I got a B in Org I and a C in Org II. I was seriously uptight about my GPA too, I about had a nervous breakdown. It will be OK.
 
Hey guys - thanx for the support - I am going to dust myself off and keep going.

I'm just hoping that when the ADCOMS add everything up, I do well. Its Friday night - and just about everybody in G-ville is heading downtown. So get drunk, have fun, and I will worry about the rest of my academic career later...

Holla @ the Gators!!!
 
hey a B in orgo isnt too bad...but it really sucks that you were so close to an A... 🙁

well i had a rough ending to my summer...i ended up with a "W" in physics 1 class...my first W..i had the WOOOOORSSTTT teacher EVVVVERRRRR!! it's tough learning physics on my own...i tried hard to learn it but had to just drop out 😡 the only thing my physics teacher did was put on videos during lecture 😕 no teaching, NOTHING!!! he should be fired lol
 
i had a bad spring semester. I was able to score A's on all my ochem finals but bombed the final so I dropped down to a B.

On top of that, I was one point away from an A in physics I.

and im blind in one eye and nobody cares.
 
i had a bad spring semester. I was able to score A's on all my ochem finals but bombed the final so I dropped down to a B.

On top of that, I was one point away from an A in physics I.

and im blind in one eye and nobody cares.

beat that
 
i had a bad spring semester. I was able to score A's on all my ochem finals but bombed the final so I dropped down to a B.

On top of that, I was one point away from an A in physics I.

and im blind in one eye and nobody cares.

beat that

Im sorry - I just saw this last post - I cant beat that - I hope everything is going well for you right now...

~above~