A little warning about Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Again, so glad for SDN. I saved $200 and precious time by not submitting the secondary for this school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
1) Regardless of what the Deans tell you on your interview day, this is in fact a mandatory attendance school

2) 50% of entering students hold a Masters from an SMP program that specifically teaches medical school classes, not the other smp programs.

3) 25% of the class is held back from writing comlex 1/step 1.

4) 20% of the class fails step 2.

5) 10% of the students that enter will never graduate. 300k debt, no degree, ouch.

6) THE SCHOOL IS NOW ON PROBATION.

-This person is clearly just butt-hurt about their board scores. I did very well, I know a lot of people who did very well, and as a class we scored well above the national average on COMLEX.
-To address the mandatory attendance, we spent about 20 hours a week in class IF you went to everything (labs were mandatory, clickers are a free 10% if you just show up, but are not required). If you can't handle the rigor of 20 hours a week over 4 days (we often had 3 day weekends) then perhaps medicine is not for you.
-What does held back for step 1 mean exactly? You do have to get a 475 on the COMSAE (25th percentile or something) to qualify to take the exam, but that virtually guarantees that you will eventually get above the 400 threshold to pass COMLEX (our pass rate was 97%). While perhaps annoying if you keep failing it, it is actually to your benefit.
- I honestly don't know what that masters comment means but 50% of students do not have a masters degree. Don't know the exact numbers but I would say 10-20% anecdotally speaking.
-The school is on probation for accepting too many students. No doubt about it, that is dumb.
-Finally, the pass rate for step 2 is pretty bad, historically about 80%. Personally, I don't really care. That is from past students. I scored well on my first shelf exam and feel I am getting a great clinical education at my rotation site. Pretty much everyone I spoke to feels the same way. I feel confident that my class will score far better than past classes.

In conclusion, Touro is not Harvard Medical School by any stretch of the imagination but if you apply yourself you can do just fine going there. I would and have recommended applying there to friends.

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, for those noobs out there who don't know why step 2 correlates to your clinical education, this is pretty much how you learn in Year 3 and Year 4:

You will be in a hospital, not knowing wtf is going on. A peculiar case pops up and you're looking up stuff on webmd. That's how you learn. A crappy Step 2 means a garbage clinical education without much exposure to different cases.

-This person is clearly just butt-hurt about their board scores. I did very well, I know a lot of people who did very well, and as a class we scored well above the national average on COMLEX.
-To address the mandatory attendance, we spent about 20 hours a week in class IF you went to everything (labs were mandatory, clickers are a free 10% if you just show up, but are not required). If you can't handle the rigor of 20 hours a week over 4 days (we often had 3 day weekends) then perhaps medicine is not for you.
-What does held back for step 1 mean exactly? You do have to get a 475 on the COMSAE (25th percentile or something) to qualify to take the exam, but that virtually guarantees that you will eventually get above the 400 threshold to pass COMLEX (our pass rate was 97%). While perhaps annoying if you keep failing it, it is actually to your benefit.
- I honestly don't know what that masters comment means but 50% of students do not have a masters degree. Don't know the exact numbers but I would say 10-20% anecdotally speaking.
-The school is on probation for accepting too many students. No doubt about it, that is dumb.
-Finally, the pass rate for step 2 is pretty bad, historically about 80%. Personally, I don't really care. That is from past students. I scored well on my first shelf exam and feel I am getting a great clinical education at my rotation site. Pretty much everyone I spoke to feels the same way. I feel confident that my class will score far better than past classes.

In conclusion, Touro is not Harvard Medical School by any stretch of the imagination but if you apply yourself you can do just fine going there. I would and have recommended applying there to friends.

... the school isnt well above average on comlex. Our average was finally for once 0.004 SD above national average and that's with 60 students held back from writing it.

And a 240 on step 1 is barely impressive. It'll get you to Emergency medicine or community radiology... congrats on your medicore path. And others should note that this is pretty much the best you'll get from Touro.

And you've yet to write step 2.

All your post says with the 680 comlex and 240 usmle says is that you mastered OMM and were mediocre on real sciences. Congrats fake doc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
implying passing the boards makes you a "fake" doctor, or a number defines your competency as a physician, or that doctors who score highest automatically want to go into derm or ENT, or that you need to score high in order to be competent in those fields.

What a degenerate.

Reactions: 6 users
Theoretically, they're supposed to seat those students for free int he following class. Most schools that overbook (a very rare occurrence, which usually leads to the firing of the admissions dean) will offer scholarships to get students to defer a year. Apparently, what Touro NY did, was to 'vet" people's apps after they were accepted and tell them "Whoops. You didn't take X course. That means we're rejecting you"

So if, say, Touro was on probation for enrolling too many students, would they need to get rid of some students?

And program directors take note of this.
BTW, for those noobs out there who don't know why step 2 correlates to your clinical education, this is pretty much how you learn in Year 3 and Year 4:

You will be in a hospital, not knowing wtf is going on. A peculiar case pops up and you're looking up stuff on webmd. That's how you learn. A crappy Step 2 means a garbage clinical education without much exposure to different cases.

Again like I said, clearly just an unhappy person who prides themselves on instigating altercations on a website for premeds. Maybe you shoulda gone to a "better" school if that's how you feel. Oh wait... you didn't get into one. Not to mention scores are one facet of a residency application and regardless of your "stellar scores" your less than impressive grades will get you no where and your attitude will get you less than nowhere in a career for people who actually enjoy human interactions. I went to med school to make peoples lives better, it's obvious you had other intents. The only embarrassing thing about Touro is that they allowed a person like you to slip through the cracks and get in. Good luck getting into a residency, wouldn't want you as a team member that's for sure.

That's funny since my last two evals have been perfect. If anyone's impressed the attendings the most, it's been me. And jumping to assumptions and saying board scores are a small thing is pathetic. Maybe touro should get a 90% pass rate with 100% of students writing the boards before jumping to boards dont matter. If harvard says boards dont matter, I'll take their word for it. When a student from a school that fails hard says it, it means nothing.

The thing is, if you're not frustrated with how touro does everything, odds are you're an average student and you'll get an average Touro match, a community IM/FM at an IMG-heavy program.

... the school isnt well above average on comlex. Our average was finally for once 0.004 SD above national average and that's with 60 students held back from writing it.

And a 240 on step 1 is barely impressive. It'll get you to Emergency medicine or community radiology... congrats on your medicore path. And others should note that this is pretty much the best you'll get from Touro.

And you've yet to write step 2.

All your post says with the 680 comlex and 240 usmle says is that you mastered OMM and were mediocre on real sciences. Congrats fake doc.

what were your scores?
240 is above average, not mediocre.
I've looked through your past messages and have come to the conclusion you're kind of an ass. you prob had no friends/ disliked by students and professors hence all this shade at touro.

anyways touro is like any other medschool, whatever effort you put into studying is what you'll get out. bitching all the time won't get you anywhere. constructive criticism is what med schools and PD look for :) grow up.

Reactions: 6 users
what were your scores?
240 is above average, not mediocre.
I've looked through your past messages and have come to the conclusion you're kind of an ass. you prob had no friends/ disliked by students and professors hence all this shade at touro.

anyways touro is like any other medschool, whatever effort you put into studying is what you'll get out. bitching all the time won't get you anywhere. constructive criticism is what med schools and PD look for :) grow up.

260+ and I achieved that by completely ignoring everything touro tried to force on us in ms-2. It would've been higher had I known to ignore touro's ****ty classes and time commitments from year 1.

240 is within 0.6 standard deviation of the mean. This is by definition average/mediocre. It's literally one of the scores that makes up the hump of the bell curve.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
  1. of only moderate quality; not very good.
    "a mediocre actor"
    synonyms: ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished,indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian,prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Theoretically, they're supposed to seat those students for free int he following class. Most schools that overbook (a very rare occurrence, which usually leads to the firing of the admissions dean) will offer scholarships to get students to defer a year. Apparently, what Touro NY did, was to 'vet" people's apps after they were accepted and tell them "Whoops. You didn't take X course. That means we're rejecting you"

And program directors take note of this.

Admissions Dean was in fact fired..the Interim Dean is currently the Dean for the Pharmacy school.

Also correct about the admissions scandal. A friend of mine was accepted in January 2016. Months later, the day after moving to NYC from California, she's told that her admission was being rescinded due to poor grades in her pre-reqs. My friend went to the school to speak to Dean **** and was told that the Dean wasn't taking appointments. It all got resolved, I guess...but definitely concerning behavior.

260+ and I achieved that by completely ignoring everything touro tried to force on us in ms-2. It would've been higher had I known to ignore touro's ****ty classes and time commitments from year 1.

240 is within 0.6 standard deviation of the mean. This is by definition average/mediocre. It's literally one of the scores that makes up the hump of the bell curve.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
    "a mediocre actor"
    synonyms: ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished,indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian,prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish

well why are you complaining then lol. everyone has different ways they approach MS2 and board prep. are you not happy with a 260+, are you delusional?
260+ and a douchebag personality= mediocre.

i love the fact you didn't disagree you were disliked by your peers and faculty...explains it..

Being a good doctor isn't solely about your scores it's also about your personality (an area of which you're clearly lacking).

Isn't this what low scorers and NPs always resort to?

People will always call the doctors and residents at NY-Presbyterian dinguses too, but patients are lining up to get care at one of the country's best hospitals in the country with the best doctors.

It's behavior like this that I can't recommend Touro-NY to those interested in DO schools. For the time being, I'm ranking them with LUCOM and Wm Carey, but for different reasons.

As a rule of thumb, if you're competitive for Touro-NY, then you're competitive for AZCOM, Touro-CA, Western, KCU and CCOM.

Admissions Dean was in fact fired..the Interim Dean is currently the Dean for the Pharmacy school.

Also correct about the admissions scandal. A friend of mine was accepted in January 2016. Months later, the day after moving to NYC from California, she's told that her admission was being rescinded due to poor grades in her pre-reqs. My friend went to the school to speak to Dean **** and was told that the Dean wasn't taking appointments. It all got resolved, I guess...but definitely concerning behavior.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
    "a mediocre actor"
If you got a 260+ on your boards then wouldn't you say your time at Touro was successful? Clearly your time at school helped regardless of whatever they "forced" you to do. And that being said, if you weren't "forced" to do those things I highly doubt your score could've gotten much higher than that since thats the top 1%.

anyways I dont have time to keep arguing with you since it seems like you are going to continue to argue even after numerous people have proved you wrong. good luck with your future endeavors.

well why are you complaining then lol. everyone has different ways they approach MS2 and board prep. are you not happy with a 260+, are you delusional?
260+ and a douchebag personality= mediocre.

i love the fact you didn't disagree you were disliked by your peers and faculty...explains it..

Because to break my cap from 70% on uworld to 90% I had to skip class. Skipping class sunk my transcript.

Once you do score well on step 1, the school comes back and sinks your chances at good residencies just because they dont like you doing your own thing. When the school hurts my career like that, I'll make sure everyone gets to know it.

Why are you going after your OWN school with that high of a step score?

If you got a 260+ on your boards then wouldn't you say your time at Touro was successful? Clearly your time at school helped regardless of whatever they "forced" you to do. And that being said, if you weren't "forced" to do those things I highly doubt your score could've gotten much higher than that since thats the top 1%.

No because right now I'm sitting on a transcript full of B's and C's. In derm, with one look that killed my chances.

Can ya name one other school that'll do that to a student who had a solid chance at derm?

It's behavior like this that I can't recommend Touro-NY to those interested in DO schools. For the time being, I'm ranking them with LUCOM and Wm Carey, but for different reasons.

As a rule of thumb, if you're competitive for Touro-NY, then you're competitive for AZCOM, Touro-CA, Western, KCU and CCOM.
i agree the administration and the office staff was frustrating to deal with. Hopefully, they improve after this entire fiasco. However, the administration is separate from the academic faculty, which IMO was amazing.

on a side note, top DO schools like PCOM have difficulties too.. I've heard around 30 first years failed and were held back...this if from an internal source. Love how no one knows about that bc they don't jump to SDN the first chance they get...ahem doczebra.

Last edited:
Some students were able to achieve A's as well as above 260 so maybe you just couldn't cut it but many could.

Bull****. The only other high score I've heard so far was 255. All the ortho students are suddenly expressing interest in EM.

But this part is getting all anecdotal. All I'll ask is, if there are so many 260+, A students, how is it that our matches are all to low tier programs?

i agree the administration and the office staff was frustrating to deal with. Hopefully, they improve after this entire fiasco. However, the administration is separate from the academic faculty, which IMO was amazing.

on a side note, top DO schools like PCOM have difficulties too.. I've heard around 30 first years failed and were held back...this if from an internal source. Love how no one knows about that bc they don't jump to SDN the first chance they get...ahem doczebra.

-Is pcom graded attendance?
-Is pcom A/B/C grading?

The answer to both is no. Touro's answer to both is yes.

Hence, pcom doesnt sink their top students and the manage to place Plastic Surgery at UPenn.

Last edited:
Most students don't go around telling everyone their scores, but I know of 5 good friends who did just that. Schools improve over years btw our school is relatively new. Also, when it comes to residency you have lots of mandatory lectures outside of work hours and still have to find the time to study so if you cant do it in med school how will you be able to then? It's all about multitasking and the residents I have met who graduated from Touro have done very well.

Again, you're getting all anecdotal when touro doesnt have the matches to back up what you're saying. Even the published board stats are completely opposite to what you say. The students allowed to write comlex 1, only scored average. The students writing step 2 and step 3 failed at much higher rates.

Board certification tests dont matter if you score top 1% or lowest 1% as long as it's passing. So trying to compare:
-all residencies having mandatory didactics and passing the Pass-Fail boards
vs
-one med school having mandatory attendance and sending students to write a test where every point matters

is a poor comparison.

I just want to add one thing, people can hate the school or down talk it but remember one thing, if it's your only acceptance you're going to go I don't know too many people who wouldn't. If you have options fine, everyone loves options. HOWEVER, one thing that gets me is medical students some that don't even go to Touro so why do you care? or from what im seeing some Pre-Medical students are saying these things. Are you in medical school? No and if you got in here knowing these issues but it was your only chance to be a doctor I would bet 100 to 1 you'd be packing your bags. It's easy to talk but its another when you're faced with the decisions and need to accept things. Just remember at the end of the day it is YOU who has to know the info, YOU who has to pass the boards, and YOU who owe it to your patients to be the best physician you can be. No medical school can make you a good student you have to be one already.

MCAT is directly correlated with step 1. When a school that has way above average mcat can manage to do average and below average on the boards, it directly speaks poorly on the school's curriculum.

MCAT is directly correlated with step 1. When a school that has way above average mcat can manage to do average and below average on the boards, it directly speaks poorly on the school's curriculum.

I'm not sure I would use directly correlated to express what amounts to a statistically significant but moderate correlation.

But sure a school with a 3.6/30 average not doing too hot on boards says a lot about the curriculum.

240 makes you a mediocre doc.... Lol. If you think us pre-meds are that stupid then I don't know what to tell you. You basically just called the students at UPenn *****s seeing as their average is about a 240.. If you were so set on Derm you should have gone to an MD school, it's that simple.

Reactions: 4 users

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
    "a mediocre actor"

You got a 260+ and couldn't get A's on those easy exams when all you needed is like an 84% for some of them (even with skipping clickers)? *Sniff* *Sniff* In addition, if you got a 260+ w/ even wit all B's you could basically name your residency. Bull**** I say. Also no one is claiming Touro is going to win any national awards, however, it is a better choice than going IMG. If you weren't such a prick maybe you would have gotten into a better school, but hey, you're graduating from the same school as us tough guy. Good luck with all those malpractice suits with patients who will hate your guts.

240 makes you a mediocre doc.... Lol. If you think us pre-meds are that stupid then I don't know what to tell you. You basically just called the students at UPenn *****s seeing as their average is about a 240.. If you were so set on Derm you should have gone to an MD school, it's that simple.

... a person with a 230 from UPenn will still get a guaranteed match in whatever field they desire. The 240 from penn is at the level of picking better MGH, NY-P ortho.

A Touro student with a 240 better cross their fingers if they want to match to Suny downstate or Hofstra EM.

You got a 260+ and couldn't get A's on those easy exams when all you needed is like an 84% for some of them (even with skipping clickers)? *Sniff* *Sniff* In addition, if you got a 260+ w/ even wit all B's you could basically name your residency. Bull**** I say. Also no one is claiming Touro is going to win any national awards, however, it is a better choice than going IMG. If you weren't such a prick maybe you would have gotten into a better school, but hey, you're graduating from the same school as us tough guy. Good luck with all those malpractice suits with patients who will hate your guts.

I aced the relevant parts of the exams. When you lose 10% clicker grades in a class where you need 93-94% for an A... And when a prof decides to start asking about b.s cytokines and HLA gene associations that never show up on step 1, you'll stop bothering with it.

And this is another asinine thing touro students propagate about grades not mattering. GRADES DO MATTER FOR COMPETITIVE SPECIALTIES. Nobody cares about your grades for EM/IM/FM, but sure as **** you better have straight As if you're shooting gen surg or above.

You come off as such a snob. You act like someone wanting to match anything but derm or ortho is an idiot. Wake up not everyone has the same interests as you or went to med school to be able to say they graduated from Harvard plastic surgery residency.

I dont think badly of people wanting stuff other that derm/ortho. I think badly of the admin that prevents students who desire derm/ortho from getting it and the small group of students that defend the admin.

Because to break my cap from 70% on uworld to 90% I had to skip class. Skipping class sunk my transcript.

Once you do score well on step 1, the school comes back and sinks your chances at good residencies just because they dont like you doing your own thing. When the school hurts my career like that, I'll make sure everyone gets to know it.

Your pre-clinical grades will have zero effect on your residency app, so you did the right thing. If everything else is going good for you the only thing that will hold you back at this point is being a DO or if you are an ass on elective rotations. It honestly leaves me very bewildered why someone from the school who also is affected by reputation would go out of the way of spewing such hatred toward it on the internet. At this point I would feel that you would want to help with damage control and make a good a name as possible for the school...considering how it DOES affect you.

I get that you are upset about some things and they should hopefully be addressed by the school to improve it. Just for you and your classmates sake, stop with the krap.

To anyone else considering applying, the angriest voices are always the loudest and always dominate the internet. A lot of complaints I have seen on here are greatly exaggerated or false just because angry emotions are backing them. Yes the over enrollment did happen. Yes one student sent multiple complaints about the facilities. To the over enrollment, I think they will be a little more careful when sorting applicant emails and as for the facilities everything is being addressed.

For the lower Step 2 scores, I was in no different place than the rest of the class and scored just fine, enough to be competitive at a majority of programs. It is about taking advantage of opportunities when they come and not expecting to be spoon fed. I would know the same or more than most of the MD's or other DO students I have rotated with so far. I'm only one person stating this but if I was able to do it, why couldn't others? The opportunities are there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You come off as such a snob. You act like someone wanting to match anything but derm or ortho is an idiot. Wake up not everyone has the same interests as you or went to med school to be able to say they graduated from Harvard plastic surgery residency.

I think acknowledging disadvantages of DOs in the match is fair. However going and claiming that doctors who are getting 240s or lower are mediocre is akin to saying that a yacht is **** cuz it's not an ocean liner.

Also we can add your mastery of the dictionary as being more troubling than a 240..

I aced the relevant parts of the exams. When you lose 10% clicker grades in a class where you need 93-94% for an A... And when a prof decides to start asking about b.s cytokines and HLA gene associations that never show up on step 1, you'll stop bothering with it.

And this is another asinine thing touro students propagate about grades not mattering. GRADES DO MATTER FOR COMPETITIVE SPECIALTIES. Nobody cares about your grades for EM/IM/FM, but sure as **** you better have straight As if you're shooting gen surg or above.
even schools who don't have letter grading system will still have a ranking system. so no matter where you go, whether its a school with grading system or pass/fail system, you would still need to be in top % of your class for matching into top specialty programs. what your saying isn't a touro issue, its a personal issue.

someone who desperately wanted derm should've thought about this in advance and studied your random cytokines better

Your pre-clinical grades will have zero effect on your residency app, so you did the right thing. If everything else is going good for you the only thing that will hold you back at this point is being a DO or if you are an ass on elective rotations. It honestly leaves me very bewildered why someone from the school who also is affected by reputation would go out of the way of spewing such hatred toward it on the internet. At this point I would feel that you would want to help with damage control and make a good a name as possible for the school...considering how it DOES affect you.

I get that you are upset about some things and they should hopefully be addressed by the school to improve it. Just for you and your classmates sake, stop with the krap.

To anyone else considering applying, the angriest voices are always the loudest and always dominate the internet. A lot of complaints I have seen on here are greatly exaggerated or false just because angry emotions are backing them. Yes the over enrollment did happen. Yes one student sent multiple complaints about the facilities. To the over enrollment, I think they will be a little more careful when sorting applicant emails and as for the facilities everything is being addressed.

For the lower Step 2 scores, I was in no different place than the rest of the class and scored just fine, enough to be competitive at a majority of programs. It is about taking advantage of opportunities when they come and not expecting to be spoon fed. I would know the same or more than most of the MD's or other DO students I have rotated with so far. I'm only one person stating this but if I was able to do it, why couldn't others? The opportunities are there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

FFS, GRADES DO MATTER. If you want to confirm it, ask the next ortho/derm/ENT/neurosurgery attending you come across.

I think acknowledging disadvantages of DOs in the match is fair. However going and claiming that doctors who are getting 240s or lower are mediocre is akin to saying that a yacht is **** cuz it's not an ocean liner.

Also we can add your mastery of the dictionary as being more troubling than a 240..

240, hump of the curve, average, mediocre.

All synonyms.

even schools who don't have letter grading system they still have a ranking system. so no matter where you go, whether its a school with grading system or pass/fail system, you would still need to be in top % of your class for matching into top specialty programs. what your saying isn't a touro issue, its a personal issue.

Now you're on a whole other thing. At those most other schools, class rank isn't affected by class attendance. Had just my test grades determined my grades and rank, I'd be happy as hell.

But the school chose to sink me with their asinine "students learn in class" policy.

No because right now I'm sitting on a transcript full of B's and C's. In derm, with one look that killed my chances.

Can ya name one other school that'll do that to a student who had a solid chance at derm?

You got a bunch of C's? Get the ******* out of here with your 260+. I could have done nothing but play with myself for 2 years and get all B's and I didn't get a 260+. You're full of s h i t and wish you made it into a better school so you're blaming Touro for your shortcomings. Like I said below, its not a school of international renown but it's better than IMG.

You got a bunch of C's? Get the ******* out of here with your 260+. I could have done nothing but play with myself for 2 years and get all B's and I didn't get a 260+. You're full of s h i t and wish you made it into a better school so you're blaming Touro for your shortcomings. Like I said below, its not a school of international renown but it's better than IMG.

Congrats, you attended class and memorized the HLA's. Wanna let us know how that came out on the boards for you?

I already posted this before, when I was attending classes and jumping when they said jump, i scored 97-100% on the tests (minus CS which was low 90s). But my uworld was capped at 70%.

When I did my own thing and my grades dropped, my uworld went over 90%.

Do you know how math works friend? If you got 100% on a test thats worth approximately 1/3 of your grade, you would have to spectacularly **** the bed to drop below the 70% or whatever it is to get a C. I got the scores I needed to do what I want. If you wanted to derm, probably should have gone to an MD school there bud, but like I said earlier, I'll see you at graduation!

Congrats, you attended class and memorized the HLA's. Wanna let us know how that came out on the boards for you?

I already posted this before, when I was attending classes and jumping when they said jump, i scored 97-100% on the tests (minus CS which was low 90s). But my uworld was capped at 70%.

When I did my own thing and my grades dropped, my uworld went over 90%.

I know this isnt relevent to this particular post, but why are you saying that st. Luke, Fresno, and northwell IM are "horrible programs" because they have "too many DOs and IMGs," and then say you're shooting for Rutgers Derm, which you hope to have a chance at because there's "lots of DOs and IMGs?"

Although that might have been the other thread.

you could've done well on both IMO. do well in school and boards..btw so what is ur point on SDN, what do you mean to accomplish by posting the same things over and over again?

Well you ended up getting a 260 but who's to say if you didn't skip clickers and put slightly more effort into learning class material you wouldn't have gotten As and also a 260. You'll never know because you made a choice and you have to stick with it. I don't think it will keep you from derm that is if your interview doesn't sink your chances. The point is your one "anecdotal story" as you seem to love putting it doesn't reflect an entire medical class's experience.

Because when I was going 100% on clickers and class materials, my uworld peaked and 70% and never went higher. That was more or less the experience of every straight A student. During dedicated nobody was breaking 70-80% on uworld.

You cant go to the slow clickers covering 7 clicker questions in an hour and try to keep up with students at other schools that are skipping. By the time you're home, they've covered 300+ slides and are onto their second pass of material plus knocking out 2 blocks of a q bank. Those are who you're competing with for high scores.