A low GPA and no prospects in NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BozoPharmD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where can I go? I'm dying for a job. Willing to travel anywhere in the country.
 
Last edited:
Announce yourself at craiglist "willing to work for $30/hour" I am sure some cheap ass indy will hire you lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Geisinger in Danville or Wilkes-Barre, PA was hiring as of about 2 weeks ago. You should check if they're still hiring. The job seems good, just in the middle of nowhere. Also you can try Rite Aid in South Jersey (like Ocean City/Cape May area) or Eastern Shore MD or Vermont.
 
Wilkes-Barre, PA isn't exactly the middle of nowhere.

It is compared to Philly/NYC, and I was more referring to Danville. But I think the job that they called me about actually is in WB, so that's not so bad.
 
Tow Mater truck service

cars---mater-02.jpg
 
Oh yeah, compared to NYC, it's nothing. I like it though, its a college town. My aunt and uncle live there. Uncle is a big wig over at their VA.

Oh, if he's a pharmacist (or married to one) I may have met him. They make a really big deal in that place about people who know the applicant not being able to participate in any part of the application process for that applicant. I know one of their current residents and he told me that they didnt want him to participate in the interview, and the other resident showed me everything from the resident's perspective (and I guess evaluated me).

If you're still looking for a job, I believe Geisinger is a clinical/staff hybrid. If you like Wilkes-Barre, it's worth checking out.
 
If you are OK with an area less than 200,000, I know of a few cities hiring.

Are you looking for retail or hospital?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The title of this thread seems to beg the question of the other thread (Does GPA matter).

No job prospects are one thing, but GPA shouldn't matter too much, I would think.

To the OP, I wish you best of luck on your job search. :luck: I know it is not a fun situation to be in.
 
No job prospects are one thing, but GPA shouldn't matter too much, I would think.

GPA should matter to some extent. We don't want people out in the field and being in the media for incompetence and making everyone else look bad.

On another note, I heard Alaska is hiring. If not, I also heard from a reliable source that Mexico is also hiring. No Pharm. D and 200k debt required. 😉
 
Oh, if he's a pharmacist (or married to one) I may have met him. They make a really big deal in that place about people who know the applicant not being able to participate in any part of the application process for that applicant. I know one of their current residents and he told me that they didnt want him to participate in the interview, and the other resident showed me everything from the resident's perspective (and I guess evaluated me).

If you're still looking for a job, I believe Geisinger is a clinical/staff hybrid. If you like Wilkes-Barre, it's worth checking out.

Nah, he's Chief of Staff.
 
GPA should matter to some extent. We don't want people out in the field and being in the media for incompetence and making everyone else look bad.

Having a high GPA does not necessarily mean you will have the ability to apply the knowledge in the field. There are still students out there who kill themselves to get straight A's yet spend no time actually gaining hands-on experience other than clinical rotations.
 
The size of the town/population doesn't matter to me. As most of your are aware, there aren't many opportunities for work in the Northeast, unless you have the grades to do a residency, or a Pharm. D + years of experience. I'm not concerned with salary, I'm concerned with getting my foot in the door. I'd work at any hospital in any town, or take a retail position as long as it's full time.

And to those that suggest I stuff myself in a box and ship it towards some mexican beach, where I can be an alternative controlled substance distributor, no thanks. I'd try stripping first. And yes, I'm a male.