A mistake on one of the dates - some advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kristin1

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my application I noticed there is a mistake under my experiences.
I am part of an organization and instead of putting it 9/15/16-till date, I wrote 9/15/17-till date.
My application is submitted, everything is in, I am just waiting, however i don't know if that is something to be worried about.
Also is there any way to change it? Not sure if I call the ADEA they will fix it or not because it doesn't let me do any changes by myslelf.
If anyone dealt with something similar would really appreciate your answer.
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

I made mistake for my start date and it was fine but idk about the end day. I think you should just email each school individually

Reactions: 2 users
Probably not a big deal at all, I guarantee most people reading the applications won't even notice. That you somehow traveled to the future to be a part of that organization is commendable. I think sending emails to the schools is a bad idea and will only confuse your application - the more confusion there is, the more likely you are to get put into the no pile, or the "ugh, this is confusing, lets just reject them" pile. Trust me, having gone through stacks of applications myself, the safe thing to do is nothing. If anything, it'll be a question you get at an interview to confirm it, which will be easily answered, and they probably assume it was a typo anyways.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: 1 user
I did the same thing. Realized it after I submitted but I just let it be and didn't call to ask to change. I honestly believe it's just a small mistake and it probably will be overlooked by admissions since they'll be going through many applications. I received an interview invite without changing the mistake it that eases your mind too. Don't worry! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much everyone for answering! I appreciate it because I started to freak out for a moment.