A new test strategy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tedwilliams1999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A few days ago I was taking a full length and I decided to change things up. I was excited to tackle the chem portion of the physical sciences since I had been studying that, so what I did was take care of all of the chemistry passages first before moving on to the physics passages.

If the questions were stand alones, then I just did them all regardless of subject.

I did the same for the BS section and split up biology and orgo. Do you guys have any thoughts about this strategy? Pros and cons? I scored a lot higher than I normally do and I felt a lot more comfortable splitting up the test this way.

-Davel

Members don't see this ad.

If it keeps getting you a high score then there wouldn't be a reason to stop. I guess you should look out to make sure you don't skip anything or run out of time accidentally.

I was going to say the exact same thing! It seems to give you new confidence over the Mcat and it seems to work. If it you found something that gives you confidence and it works, then go for it. As a process oriented person myself, I like figuring out my own approach to things that way I feel like I am relying on a specific approach custom tailored to myself. Just don't forget the obvious stuff like a good night's rest, etc... Congrats on the score improvement!

The only downside I could see is the seconds you missing skipping back and forth, searching between chemistry passages then retracting back and then also going back to do physics; However, I'm going to give this a try.