A Nurse Practitioner and a Chiropractor walk into a procedure room and...stellate ganglion block

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This procedure is indeed a disaster. But let's also give some credit to the remarkably poor way the pt's psych issues (ie the supposed rea$on the NP/chiro decided to do a $tellate) were addressed. This medical Abbott and Costello duo offer a fairly well-rounded menu of insanity:

Appetizer: Watching the NP repeatedly confuse xanax and prozac yet insinuate she was comfortable prescribing and managing both. Bonus points for suggesting xanax is safer than prozac. Even more points for not encouraging the patient to, you know, see a psychiatrist.

Aperitif: Asking the patient to recall the events that trigger his PTSD right before they stick a needle in his neck.

Main course: A raging dumpster fire of an injection, as described in posts above.

Dessert: A delicious array of (mostly) horrendous and tangential analogies to try describe PTSD to a patient -- delivered by a bumbling, confused chiro. His persistence and ability to not give up for over 7 minutes should be commended.

I hope the psychiatrists watch this and leave comments on the youtube page. Of course, that assumes they're still alive after their heads exploded right around ~13:51.
🤣

Members don't see this ad.

How. Has. Medicine. In. The. Great. United. States. Come. To. This? Sure, report to the BON (who probably doesnt even know what a stellate ganglion is, let alone what goes into doing the block). They wont do anything bc procedures like this fall under the PRACTICE OF MEDICINE- which is conveniently handled by the BOM. She has a license to practice Nursing only (which is clearly all she should be doing) So...end point: the nurse wont be reprimanded at all but the collaborating physician will instead. Except thats in california—arent NPs supposed to be “freed” from the burden of collaborative physicians (when does that go into effect)? I doubt the chiro-husband-doctor legitimately counts as her collaborator. And what board oversees chiropractors (and do they actually regulate or just sit by silently as their doctors screw around with patients’ lives -and$$).
LOL at chiropractor ''board''

Members don't see this ad :)
from a local chiro's facebook page. gotta love the attention to anatomic detail

Advanced Non-Surgical Back Pain Relief Program: Framingham, MA

Reactions: 5 users
The nurse practitioner and her team of other NPs and chiropractors "have done over 1500" SGBs.

That is equal to or more than Sean Mulvaney and Gene Lipov who have been doing them for >8 years.

Click on the link to start at 40:04

The nurse practitioner and her team of other NPs and chiropractors "have done over 1500" SGBs.

That is equal to or more than Sean Mulvaney and Gene Lipov who have been doing them for >8 years.

Click on the link to start at 40:04
If you're a patient with PTSD and you go to a nurse and a chiro to pay cash for a MEDICAL procedure, I mean, at some point we just have to shake our heads and watch the Darwin Awards.

I wouldn't even go to a chiro for low back pain ffs.

Reactions: 8 users
Georgia NP being trained by Boston scientific to do rf.

Attachments

• CD10FFF9-5BC5-4D64-BB14-EA2D6EA57446.png
    CD10FFF9-5BC5-4D64-BB14-EA2D6EA57446.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 118
I’m in colorado. Wish I knew some hard a** GA pain doc 🤔

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Georgia NP being trained by Boston scientific to do rf.

I bet if docs boycotted BosSci because of this then BosSci would stop this. But then again, Dr Patel wouldn’t get his $$$$. What’s Dr Patel thinking??

Dr. Patel is a sellout who only cares about himself at the expense of the future of medicine. He’s no different than the anesthesiologists who oversaw huge numbers of cases while on the golf course so they could collect huge paychecks at the expense of everyone’s future. The irony is this will just continue until “techs” are doing it and no one is getting paid **** and medicine is a complete joke.

Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Patel is a sellout who only cares about himself at the expense of the future of medicine. He’s no different than the anesthesiologists who oversaw huge numbers of cases while on the golf course so they could collect huge paychecks at the expense of everyone’s future. The irony is this will just continue until “techs” are doing it and no one is getting paid **** and medicine is a complete joke.

We need our specialty societies and KOL's to rally around stopping scope creep. Who's in? I'm hoping that this topic comes up at ASPN.

1623517995977.png

We need our specialty societies and KOL's to rally around stopping scope creep. Who's in? I'm hoping that this topic comes up at ASPN.

View attachment 338700

KOLs? Seriously? They would be the first ones to take money to train midlevels! They need money for their fancy cars, pointy shoes, designer bags and top shelf booze.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
It would be great if Congress would define what the practice of medicine is and under who's authority it resides. The guy who changes your oil would get in trouble if he "practiced medicine without a license", but somehow it's okay for an NP to do so because they are under the nursing board. Makes no sense.

Reactions: 5 users
I bet if docs boycotted BosSci because of this then BosSci would stop this. But then again, Dr Patel wouldn’t get his $$$$. What’s Dr Patel thinking??
I just told my boston scientific rep, I will stop using all Boston scientific RF products and SCS trials if they don't shut this down asap. Our group is their biggest account.

Reactions: 15 users