A&P classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaos16x

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school I will attend offers Human Anatomy through the Physical Anthro. department.. And there is a Mamillian Physiology class under the bio department. There is also an A&P 1 and 2 class under the bio department, but it says that it isn't offered for credit to bio majors, and that it is geared towards pre-nursing students. Do any of you have suggestions on which class to take?

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the pharmacy schools that you intend to apply to directly and ask them. I know the pharmacy school that I've applied to had a list of classes that would be accepted from my undergraduate school.

A & P wasn't worth any biology credits at my school, either. They were offered for phys ed majors. I ended up taking them at a community college.

Members don't see this ad :)
The classes that I took for A&P were Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Animal Physiology. My school offered A&P I and II, but like dg... it didn't count for bio majors, only for PE majors. There was a huge difference though in the classes. I would hear the PE majors complaining about how hard their classes were and when I looked at the material, what they had to learn was like 1/10 of what I had to cram into my head for a test.

I took the nursing majors version and loved it. It taught a lot of clinical correlations that would also be applicable to pharmacy. Also, being in class with future health professionals was fun. We were all pretty motivated and studied together.