A + P II pre-req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Just take A&PII during spring or summer session and you can still complete it before 2008 admissions.

Thats strange that no schools around you are offering that class. Usually if a school offers A&PI, they should offer A&PII.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I hate to be a downer but the website clearly states you need 6 combined A&P credits. I know other schools accept the combined, but not every school does. Think of how many people applied to that school; they have to weed people out somehow. Does your school offer any other physiology or anatomy classes? I would call UACP with a list of possible classes you could take to see which ones they would accept. You could also see if they would re-evaluate your transcript if you explain your school doesn't offer a second semester of A&P.

UACP will accept A & P combined but you need to take I & II to have enough credits, from what i am told they work at such an fast pace you will need Both to be able to keep up.:eek:

i still think its pretty trivial..considering the classes i have taken in bio. over the last couple of years. oh well im waiting to see if they will accept my cytology/histology class as the remaining 2 credits. we did relate a lot to human physiology.

So you're complaining because you didn't properly read the requirements or bother to contact them sooner about clarification? Nice.

All of my local schools offer A&P as a single course, 4 credits, with A&PII being another 4 credits. Most schools I have looked have specifically indicated things like 3 credits of physiology, which is not the same as 4 credits of A&P. And no it will not substitute for most schools because you dont meet the numerical credit requirements. So in order for me to apply to these schools I need to take A&PII which then gives me the equivalent of 4 credit of Anatomy and 4 of Physiology. I don't see why you're making this so complicated? And sorry, but you could have a degree in biology and still not know a darn thing about human anatomy or physiology, so waving your "I've taken a lot of biology" flag is only going to have them rolling their eyes at you.

whoa....

the bottom line is that most every school that breaks the classes down separately say that they will accept a combined course. thats what i was saying and the point i was trying to make. not everyone goes to a university where both A + P's are given so it complicates things...and thats why a number of universities let this particular course slide.

UACP supposedly requires an A + P II pre-req. even though its listed absolutely NOWHERE on their site or pharmcas. it specifically lists anatomy and physiology as two separate credits...however i took the combined A + P in my sophomore year. This is ridiculous. I called 5 schools and nobody offers this....they should have it posted clearly ...makes me really mad because I have been planning all my classes in time for 2008 admission and now they email me that...completely ruined my chances probably! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just to clarify. You've taken A&P I, but not A&PII, no school nearby offers A&PII? I'm assuming they'd take them separately. If no school offers a combined A&P I & II, then they must have an Anatomy class which is supplemented by a corresponding Physiology class, otherwise they'd be lacking in a pretty serious core class for pre-med, pre-pharm, and nursing programs. Even if you can't take A/PII, you should be able to take both classes separately, or perhaps just Anatomy or just Physiology. It'll take you longer, but if you're on a quarter system you might be able to get it done it time. If semesters I already know it's too late.

Honestly, I'm hoping at this point that UACP is not the only school you applied to. Even if UACP was your first choice, somewhere's better than nowhere.

i edited it as soon as i got your PM