General Admissions & OTCAS A&P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Husky19

Reaction score
Hello! I'm applying to OT schools for the 2019 cycle and was just wondering about the importance of having Anatomy on your transcript in terms of getting accepted into schools. I have a high GPA (3.9) and good GRE scores (157V, 154Q, 4.5AW) and about 300 hours of shadowing experience, but am worried about not having an anatomy grade in (I'll be taking it this year in the fall and spring). Can anyone speak to getting accepted, pending anatomy? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm applying to OT schools for the 2019 cycle and was just wondering about the importance of having Anatomy on your transcript in terms of getting accepted into schools. I have a high GPA (3.9) and good GRE scores (157V, 154Q, 4.5AW) and about 300 hours of shadowing experience, but am worried about not having an anatomy grade in (I'll be taking it this year in the fall and spring). Can anyone speak to getting accepted, pending anatomy? Thanks!

Is it AP I? A lot of schools REALLY want you to have at least AP I. Do it this fall at least! Some schools have really late deadlines and do not go off rolling admissions.

I will be taking AP 1 in the fall and do plan to keep sending in my updated transcript as soon as my grades are in! I have also already started submitting some applications, so I'm hoping my early applications will also look good. :) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any other science courses with a lab? I'm also taking A+P I and II in the fall and spring and in the schools I've contacted about it, they said to definitely re-submit my transcripts after A+P I, but that the apps can be submitted and considered with other science lab courses present on the transcript.

Do you have any other science courses with a lab? I'm also taking A+P I and II in the fall and spring and in the schools I've contacted about it, they said to definitely re-submit my transcripts after A+P I, but that the apps can be submitted and considered with other science lab courses present on the transcript.
Yes, I do! I have a physics course and a chemistry course! I also got AP credit from Bio, but don't know if that will necessarily count. Thank you!

I would read the admissions sites for each school you want to get into. When I applied last year, I was in a similar situation and couldn’t apply to any Texas program (because they closed apps in Oct) and my grade wasn’t posted till mid Dec from taking it in the fall. From my experience they want at least 4 credits completed to apply. I ended up applying to out of state schools that had closing dates in January and went with one of those.