A place for residency or fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yamen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to ask, is there any place where you can do a residency program without being licensed or registered?

I have a PharmD degree from Jordan, I want to make a residency in any field and get back to my country, hope to get your help and it is my immense pleasure to receive your comments and guidance in this regard.

best regards.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, all clinical programs require you to be licensed, since otherwise you are not able to work independently and pretty much unable to do most of the things you would have to do as a resident.

Science or industry-based fellowships as a rule do not require licensure (though it still depends on what exactly you would be looking to do).

Also, sorry to disappoint you, but with the attitude "do anything, doesn't matter what" you are unlikely to land a position. All the program directors are looking for highly motivated individuals with clear goals in mind. If you arent' able to explain what you want to learn through the program - why should you get a spot over someone who knows how they and the profession are going to benefit from the additional training.

As far as I know, all clinical programs require you to be licensed, since otherwise you are not able to work independently and pretty much unable to do most of the things you would have to do as a resident.

Science or industry-based fellowships as a rule do not require licensure (though it still depends on what exactly you would be looking to do).

Also, sorry to disappoint you, but with the attitude "do anything, doesn't matter what" you are unlikely to land a position. All the program directors are looking for highly motivated individuals with clear goals in mind. If you arent' able to explain what you want to learn through the program - why should you get a spot over someone who knows how they and the profession are going to benefit from the additional training.

Hels2007, many thanks for your reply.
Sorry if you didn't understand me clearly, I meant that I am interested in many fields, and as you know, as a foreign, you have to accept any thing :(
If it will be my choice, for sure I will choose the field that I find my self in.

About the residency, is there a clinical training (even if it has fees) that will end with a certificate? I mean a clinical training in the field of clinical pharmacy...

thank you all.