A question about letters of rec

Started by tnn
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tnn

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UHCO says on the website:

* Three academic letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty members familiar with the applicant's work
* OR
* One pre-health professions committee letter of recommendation.

I know most schools follow this same criteria. I was wondering if I was using the pre-health professions committe letter (which is basically a compiled letter from 3 different people) does it matter who the letters are from. The reason I'm asking is because I heard that UHCO only allows professors, and I am getting the letters from 1 professor, 1 TA, 1 instructor (she's not a professor), and an optometrist.
 
tnn said:
UHCO says on the website:

* Three academic letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty members familiar with the applicant's work
* OR
* One pre-health professions committee letter of recommendation.

I know most schools follow this same criteria. I was wondering if I was using the pre-health professions committe letter (which is basically a compiled letter from 3 different people) does it matter who the letters are from. The reason I'm asking is because I heard that UHCO only allows professors, and I am getting the letters from 1 professor, 1 TA, 1 instructor (she's not a professor), and an optometrist.


That should be fine.. youre allowed to have one letter from a Ta, but it has to be co-signed by the prof of the course. I also know of someone who had an adivsor write one of her required LOR. Good luck 🙂 applying to opt school is sooo fun! lol.... 👎