A question about letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnn

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UHCO says on the website:

* Three academic letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty members familiar with the applicant's work
* OR
* One pre-health professions committee letter of recommendation.

I know most schools follow this same criteria. I was wondering if I was using the pre-health professions committe letter (which is basically a compiled letter from 3 different people) does it matter who the letters are from. The reason I'm asking is because I heard that UHCO only allows professors, and I am getting the letters from 1 professor, 1 TA, 1 instructor (she's not a professor), and an optometrist.

Members don't see this ad.

tnn said:
UHCO says on the website:

* Three academic letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty members familiar with the applicant's work
* OR
* One pre-health professions committee letter of recommendation.

I know most schools follow this same criteria. I was wondering if I was using the pre-health professions committe letter (which is basically a compiled letter from 3 different people) does it matter who the letters are from. The reason I'm asking is because I heard that UHCO only allows professors, and I am getting the letters from 1 professor, 1 TA, 1 instructor (she's not a professor), and an optometrist.

That should be fine.. youre allowed to have one letter from a Ta, but it has to be co-signed by the prof of the course. I also know of someone who had an adivsor write one of her required LOR. Good luck :) applying to opt school is sooo fun! lol.... :thumbdown: