A question about stomach and thoracic duct.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prince090

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please answer the following question.

Which of the following do NOT contain goblet cells ?

Stomach or Thoracic duct.

-------------------------------------------

I think it is "stomach" but my friends say its thoracic duct. Please can any one answer this question with appropriate references(if possible).

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the stomach shouldn't have true goblet cells, and the thoracic duct was a lymphatic structure which didn't have secretory epithelial cells? So the answer to the question would be "neither", unless I'm misunderstanding something or the question is incorrect.

Thanks for replying.

Actually it came up on my semester paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please answer the following question.

Which of the following do NOT contain goblet cells ?

Stomach or Thoracic duct.

-------------------------------------------

I think it is "stomach" but my friends say its thoracic duct. Please can any one answer this question with appropriate references(if possible).

If the normal stomach contains goblet cells, then our current definition of Barrett esophagus and the corresponding sampling methods are FAIL.

If the normal stomach contains goblet cells, then our current definition of Barrett esophagus and the corresponding sampling methods are FAIL.

So it means that stomach contains no goblet cells. Thanks for the answer.

Actually it sounds more like the question is either out of context or whoever wrote it doesn't really understand what they're doing/are mixing terms in a way a pathologist would not. This information is readily available on a simple internet search. You may not get that many responses here simply because folks tend not to want to do someone else's school work, at least not accurately. On the other hand we generally will enter into discussions of all sorts, sometimes with good information going back and forth.. it's just the current population of the forum.

Current state of the forum is Doom & Gloom! Doom & Gloom! Doom & Gloom!