A Question on Research.

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by DannMann99, Jun 2, 2008.

1. DannMann99

Attending Physician
    Every now and then I get emails regarding research opportunities. I'll be attending PCOM this fall...

I kind of wish I had did some kind of research in undergrad, unfortunately I passed that up for some reason.

I was wondering from everyone when would be the best year to get involved with something like this if I can find the opportunity in grad school.

Would it be easier in OMS1?, 2?, 3?, 4?

I'm just curious.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Vee

Vee

Attending Physician
    a lot of people do research between first and second year since that is our only true summer break.

4. Doctor4Life1769

Doctor4Life1769 **tr0llin, ridin dirty**

Resident [Any Field]
    I did research the summer before medical school and I'm currently doing summer research b/w year 1 and 2.

5. Lamborghini1315

Lamborghini1315 Sleep deprived

MD/PhD Student
    Best time = summer before med school or during end of 3rd year esp during an easy rotation. The most recent research will be often scrutinized and also gives you more leverage to discuss your work. The only summer you have after 1st year of med school is def a time for research but also your only time to really enjoy your time without thinking about medicine. Ideally if you got over step 1 and know where you stand in terms of your score you can plan out your research work during 3rd year. You know if your score is really on the bad end..you might want to publish something before you interview.

6. bigdog8829

Medical Student
    ditto.

7. WoahMedicine

WoahMedicine Banned
    Banned

Medical Student
    edit

#6 WoahMedicine, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008