A questions about schools to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsskate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I read that when choosing which schools to apply, just choose two or three from the top end, a couple from the middle, and a couple from the low end. But I am just wondering which schools are in the top, middle, and bottom?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I read that when choosing which schools to apply, just choose two or three from the top end, a couple from the middle, and a couple from the low end. But I am just wondering which schools are in the top, middle, and bottom?

Thanks!

The rankings are mostly rubbish, so it's difficult to really accurately discern what schools are top, middle, and bottom.

A lot of it has to do with regionality, as for example, a graduate from UCSF, which is highly regarded here in Cali and many places, might not place as well as a WVU grad in Virginia, because of regionality.

I would consider other factors, such as tuition, residency programs available, and that type of thing long before I ever looked at USNWR for Pharmacy.

Generally you could think of 'top end' schools being state schools that have well established research programs. The middle to lower end being the ones that have recently opened to those that are not fully accredited.

Now these are just generalities so don't being bashing my generalities too much! :)

I would disregard that idea or at least reinterpret it.

All schools you apply to should be ones you honestly would attend. To ensure getting in a program this cycle and having choices, then make sure that you choose over a range of schools based on your personal qualifications. The top ones are possible but unlikely (reach), middle being 50/50 (match), and low being almost guaranteed (safety).