A quickie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoThuggy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

i had a real quick question

my GPA is going to be around a 3.4 and my sci GPA is going to be around a 3.0 at the end of my junior year. do u think that i will be able to have a successful application cycle next year if i score 18 or 19s on the DAT. i would really appreciate all of your inputs because i am really panicking after seeing the tough competition on this board. thank you in advance for all the input.

mo

ps. i wish all of you applicants the best for this application cycle
good luck and happy holidays!

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry mo thuggy,
as long as you have other distinguishing qualities besides your GPA and DAT scores, you will be just fine. the people on this board have alarmingly high stats. spend some time with dentists, write good essays, possess a personality and you'll be all right. with similar stats, i've already gotten four interivews. and my application was really late. get it in early and you'll be good.

does anyone else have a take/opinion on this, i would sincerely appreciate it. thanks
also thanks for the reply jess1ca

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your chances are pretty good. Apply to a good variety of schools and you should get at least a couple of acceptances. Good Luck. :)

And don't worry about comparing yourself to people on this board. The numbers are VERY skewed because generally only the people with really good stats feel the need to share that information with the world. :)

Mo,

My GPA was a little higher than yours (3.6) but my DAT scores were right around what yours are (18/18/19). I applied early (AADSAS number 174) and I interviewed at seven schools and was accepted to six of those. Some schools only look at your GPA/DAT to determine if they want an interview, others look at the whole applicant. Do some research on the schools that you apply to and you will be fine. Good luck!!