A REAL Christmas miracle!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Praise the Lord. Tentative job offer from the VA! Goodbye retail... (in six months).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
My ambulatory care VA rotation was my favorite in pharmacy school. I remember running the warfarin clinic, smoking cessation program, and counseling VA patients on their meds. Did you have a leg up on the competition at all or just get lucky with the offer?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!
Inpatient or outpatient ? And if you can also share any pointers on application and interview process that’ll be great .

once again congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
My ambulatory care VA rotation was my favorite in pharmacy school. I remember running the warfarin clinic, smoking cessation program, and counseling VA patients on their meds. Did you have a leg up on the competition at all or just get lucky with the offer?

I have veteran's preference so I think that may have helped out a little bit.

Congrats!
Inpatient or outpatient ? And if you can also share any pointers on application and interview process that’ll be great .

once again congrats!

It's an inpatient clinical staff position. The application process is pretty much all the same as far as I can tell across all USAJOBS positions being posted. I am local to this particular VA so I did a phone interview first, then was scheduled an in person interview a couple weeks later. Six weeks after that I got an email from their pharmacy chief and then received a tentative offer.

Praise the Lord. Tentative job offer from the VA! Goodbye retail... (in six months).
This is great as long as you dont mind taking a $20-30k pay cut. Good luck and congrats.