• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

A Reflection

montag925

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
  1. Dental Student
I know that by this point some people have already received acceptances at different dental schools. However, for the vast majority of us, the schools that we have interviewed at will not begin notifying until tomorrow.
I came across some flash cards sitting in my room today that I used to study for the DAT. It made me think about this entire process. I use the word process, because that is what it is. For a few years now it has been my goal to get accepted into dental school, and I think that I actually have a few gray hairs on my head to show for it..
. My intention is not to ramble. If you are reading this and are expecting good news tomorrow, I want you to think back over the course of your process, from taking the DAT, to letters of recommendation, to personal statement, to way back to that defining moment where you decided that you wanted to be a dentist. Whatever news you receive tomorrow, for better or worse, think about how hard you have busted your ass to get to this point. Personally, there is a very gratifying feeling going through my head when I do so, and I’m sure it’s the same for most other people, including you..

Upvote 0
About the Ads

bee3615

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
i remember putting in all those long hours while studying for the DAT, only for me to feel thouroughly defeated when I saw my scores at the test center...lol. But hope in the other things i bring to the table made me persevere, and submit my app. I am proud to have 5 interviews thus far out of the 9 schools i applied to, regardless of whatever outcome there is.

Upvote 0

Sublimation

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
My journey is only beginning. I started studying for the DAT this past month, and by studying i mean chilling in the DAT discussions section. I have taken one practice test thus far and i did better then i thought. Frankly i wont be applying for another 2 years, and all this hype about dec 1 has got me anxious to see who gets in where lol. So like many, im waiting for Dec. 1 lol GLUCK to you all.

Upvote 0

scottyhoop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
  1. Dental Student
Great post...I was one of the lucky ones and got my acceptance on friday. When I opened the letter, I sat down in my driveway and did exactly what the OP stated. I thought about all the hours I spent in the anatomy lab, studying amino acid structures, learning physics equations, etc.... That letter really did signify the end of one stage in my life and the start of another. It's a great feeling and I hope all of you get to experience it in a few hours! Best wishes!!
Scott

Upvote 0

tjdent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
  1. Dental Student
thanks montag for this thread. with everyone's future being so uncertain its easy to get overwhelmed looking forward right now. Tomorrow, I think everyone ought to pat themselves on the back, take themselves out for a steak, and then hit the bar hard. no matter what.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.