Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

A-Scan machines

Discussion in 'Young Ophthalmologists' started by PDT4CNV, Jul 23, 2006.

1. PDT4CNV

PDT4CNV Physician/Surgeon

Fellow [Any Field]
    We are in the process of making some purchases for one of our residents clinics and I was wondering if any of you all had any thoughts on the various A-scan machines out there....ease of use, accuracy, use for dense/white cataracts, etc..

At this point we are looking at IOL Master and Sonomed...any others you all might recommend?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vrnp1

vrnp1 Junior Member

IOL Maaster is not an A-Scan Machine and works on a different principle. It is not very good on dense cataracts.

When considering an A-Scan you need to choose one that does Immersion A-Scanning because that is considered the most accurate for difficult scans.

This link may be helpful.

http://www.accutome.com/resources/pdf/Using%20Advances%20in.pdf

4. Free Radicle

Free Radicle Junior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    b/f medschool, residency, I was a tech in private practice and have had the opportunity to use several machines - immersion and otherwise. I have found the easiest to use in terms of having multiple doctors with different numbers/formulas, calibration, reliability and support was sonomed. Only an opinion. There are now several machines which combine pacy and a-scan as well. For a study in med school, I had a nidek combo machine, had problems with the calibration part of it.