A shameless plug...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

commymommy

*reformed commymommy*
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope it's ok that I post this here.

I've been a member of SDN for several years (probably since its inception :D ) and have been a pre-med just as long. During that time, I've mothered 5 children, survived cancer and....written a book about Surviving Residency. It's for the spouses of physicians, and the first draft is finally out at Amazon.com or BN.com. As with many first editions, it has it's quirks, but all-in-all, I think it's pretty ok. Of course, the SDN is mentioned as a resource for medical students and spouses!

If you are in a relationship, I hope you'll consider having a look and giving it as a gift to your spouse.

You can read inside a few pages here:
http://www.iuniverse.com/lookinside/LookInside.jsp?isbn=0595487017
and buy it here: :D
http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Res...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209943196&sr=8-1

The second edition is already in the works. :D Yay...someone from the SDN wrote a book! LOL

Members don't see this ad.

The second edition is already in the works. :D Yay...someone from the SDN wrote a book! LOL

Yeah, DrQuinn did it with a book about being pimped in EM.

Oh yeah, and you too! Congratulations! I just got a first edition of my best friend's wife's latest book, where I get a thanks in the forward. That was cool enough, but not nearly as much as writing a book!

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a lot to talk about. Maybe I should get it for my fiance. We're getting married in a month and I start residency 2 weeks after that!

Thanks. This was definitely a labor of love. My husband and I survived 7 years of his residency/fellowship together....throwing my master's in molecular biology and 3 kids into the equation. We now have 5 kiddos. It's been a wild ride. As my children get older, I'm revisiting the idea of taking my MCAT and applying myself. We'll see what happens with that. :laugh:

The book isn't perfect, but I think it is a good starting point. I'm already working on revisions and adding more resources for the second edition, which I hope to bring out next year before the 'match'.

:D

Congrats on starting residency!