A struggling pharmacy student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel your pain. PowerPoint lectures are ridiculous. They love to cram the slides with a ton of information. The worst is when they read off the slides, and then they're like, "Well, you have the notes. What's the problem?"

The problem is that they're too lazy to teach anything in a more conducive manner. This isn't some CE class where I can sit back, relax, listen, eat my finger sandwiches, and drink my punch. I'm actually required to learn all of the information.

This week I have the wonderful opportunity of completely reorganizing 100 PowerPoint slides into outline format so that I can get an "A" or "B". Otherwise, it would take twice as long to study, and then I'd make a "C".

someone who understands what i am on about. what happened to good old black board hey.

Members don't see this ad.

I am finishing off my report about the jendrassiks manouevre. my last question is draw a clearly labelled diagream of the reflex pathway that is stimulated in this experiment. It should inclde details of the sensory receptor involved. I have looked on google and ask but no diagrams i found. can someone help me on this last question please.

I am finishing off my report about the jendrassiks manouevre. my last question is draw a clearly labelled diagream of the reflex pathway that is stimulated in this experiment. It should inclde details of the sensory receptor involved. I have looked on google and ask but no diagrams i found. can someone help me on this last question please.

I'm just going to point you in the direction. There is no way you will get through pharmacy school with this type of behaviour, you need to solve problems on your own.

Take your anatomy textbook, your notes, wikipedia, google, and your school's library and use the index, search functions, and whatever else to look up neurological diagrams. There's tons of pictures in EVERY anatomy/physiology book of sensory nerve firing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just going to point you in the direction. There is no way you will get through pharmacy school with this type of behaviour, you need to solve problems on your own.

Take your anatomy textbook, your notes, wikipedia, google, and your school's library and use the index, search functions, and whatever else to look up neurological diagrams. There's tons of pictures in EVERY anatomy/physiology book of sensory nerve firing.

ok fine i get ur point. What effect did illumination of the eye with red light have upon pupil diameter? What do you conclude about the sensory receptors responsible for the effect?

Before u scream at me, do u tink it would show no effect or wud the eye contract.

FYI, the more questions you ask like this the less and less likely you are to get an answer. You need to find some other resources.

FYI, the more questions you ask like this the less and less likely you are to get an answer. You need to find some other resources.

i fnished the report by myself:).google is the way forwards. However, I am bound to get questions in the future which google may not explain well so will any one actually help or

People will always help but what I do not understand is why you do not work with your peers to solve problems from class? If I am confused I go to people in the class for help, its face to face and much quicker than whining that no one will help me on the internet right when I want help.

Remember we all have access to google and when you say there is no info about reflex arcs, I know your lying because I just looked and found plenty of information and pictures.

This isn't really a "I need help with homework forum." Yeah, people will most likely help you out sometimes but it's not a very reliable method. You aren't going to get through school using this forum for help.

I basically did a graph on excel. I did ph versuses conecntration so say at 5.9ml the PH was 2.5, how do I find out the PH at say 4.3ml (I havent plotted this point). On a hand drawn graph, I could draw a line and find out but here I dont know if I draw a guideline or what?

Holy Moly, Mass.... I've been reading this tread, and Ive come to the conclusion that it seems like you blame ur problems on your professors. I've spoken with plenty of pharmacy school students, and none of them seem less resourceful than you. Doesn't your school library have publications you can refer to? ... Now... if the problem is not you, but the education system in the UK.. then that's a little more understandable.

(by the way... i remember doing pH problems in my undergrad biochem class)

Holy Moly, Mass.... I've been reading this tread, and Ive come to the conclusion that it seems like you blame ur problems on your professors. I've spoken with plenty of pharmacy school students, and none of them seem less resourceful than you. Doesn't your school library have publications you can refer to? ... Now... if the problem is not you, but the education system in the UK.. then that's a little more understandable.

(by the way... i remember doing pH problems in my undergrad biochem class)

man the uk education system is pathetic.

I basically did a graph on excel. I did ph versuses conecntration so say at 5.9ml the PH was 2.5, how do I find out the PH at say 4.3ml (I havent plotted this point). On a hand drawn graph, I could draw a line and find out but here I dont know if I draw a guideline or what?

The answer is B

Members don't see this ad :)
lmao I can see only some people in this thread understand my problems so I wont ask any more questions in here bar general ones such as do industries look at class of degree.

man the uk education system is pathetic.

You should spend more time studying than posting here. I'm a product of Louisiana Public School system..hardly anything to brag about. My dad is a product of British Merchant Marine Education system...he did just fine.

Now go study.

Bye!

i got 64% in a recent test, worked my ass off yet people who did **** all got into 80s and 90s grr

ok I have cooled down and I understand that some of you will be annoyed at me. Anyway whats with the enormous maths content in the 1st yr, please tell me it reduces as I aint very good at maths.

ok I have cooled down and I understand that some of you will be annoyed at me. Anyway whats with the enormous maths content in the 1st yr, please tell me it reduces as I aint very good at maths.

Not only did I think pharmacy students were suppose to like math, but I thought we were suppose to be good at math too....

Dude, you ain't gotta know everything, but you gotta be able to find the answer!

hey guys, sorry to hassle you again but I can't find an answer to this question.
what does of peppermint water should babies be given
what alternative treatments are avaiblable to babies bar peppermint for colic.
please help

hey guys, sorry to hassle you again but I can't find an answer to this question.
please help

This entire post makes no sense. I seriously doubt that all of your other classmates are having as many problems as you with their assignments. Have you considered making real life friends and studying with them? Perhaps finding out their methods of finding answers? This thread is ridiculous.

This entire post makes no sense. I seriously doubt that all of your other classmates are having as many problems as you with their assignments. Have you considered making real life friends and studying with them? Perhaps finding out their methods of finding answers? This thread is ridiculous.

lol it was their idea to post the question as we have searched and not fouind much.

please help

Does your school offer you absolutely no access to reference materials?

Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid"

behave its not my fault i am getting my money eaten and getting an appaling education. whats wrong with asking questions:mad:

Does your school offer you absolutely no access to reference materials?

man I have already bloody looked, i couldnt find anything, hence I am asking here, if you dont know its OK, LEAVE IT.

behave its not my fault i am getting my money eaten and getting an appaling education. whats wrong with asking questions:mad:

1. It absolutely screams that you're too lazy to look things up yourself
2. Or you don't know how to utilize resources available to you which is an essential skill.
3. An online message board is a terrible resource since anyone could make something up.

Take the time to learn how to do a literature search. Go to the library and see what sort of reliable reference materials are available on alternative medicine. Heck, google the topic and find the information yourself. Your education may be appalling but it's apparent you're also not willing to make the most of it.

It is kind of fun seeing the posts here, because all the questions can be answered almost immediately with a simple medline, micromedex, google or tertiary literature search.

It is kind of fun seeing the posts here, because all the questions can be answered almost immediately with a simple medline, micromedex, google or tertiary literature search.

Ah, yes, but what we are seeing here is the pre-wisdom stage: that is, the stage at which one doesn't know WHERE to find things, yet is required to produce answers immediately. He'll figure it out eventually. I remember feeling the same when I began- I didn't know where to find anything. I learned. Now I know where to find things and I don't need to ask around quite as much. We all have our own learning curves.

If he's still doing this next year, you have my permission to sling mud. :D

Ah, yes, but what we are seeing here is the pre-wisdom stage: that is, the stage at which one doesn't know WHERE to find things, yet is required to produce answers immediately. He'll figure it out eventually. I remember feeling the same when I began- I didn't know where to find anything. I learned. Now I know where to find things and I don't need to ask around quite as much. We all have our own learning curves.

If he's still doing this next year, you have my permission to sling mud. :D

atleast some one went throught the same pain.

Well why do you still have pain, when we just told you exactly where to look for the answers....

It really does suck when you have no idea where to look but what is your excuse when you are told where the answers can be found, laziness? The people answering your questions are not pulling them out of thin air they are retrieving them from people, databases and texts you were informed of but failed to look at.

People might feel more inclined to help you if they know you put out at least some effort to find the answer on your own. Why not tell us where you have looked so far, what you have found and what you think the answer might be at this point in your research. People will not assume your lazy.

Well why do you still have pain, when we just told you exactly where to look for the answers....

It really does suck when you have no idea where to look but what is your excuse when you are told where the answers can be found, laziness? The people answering your questions are not pulling them out of thin air they are retrieving them from people, databases and texts you were informed of but failed to look at.

People might feel more inclined to help you if they know you put out at least some effort to find the answer on your own. Why not tell us where you have looked so far, what you have found and what you think the answer might be at this point in your research. People will not assume your lazy.

k sounds fair, i have been putting the effort in but i havent been typing it on here. the next qu i ask, i will make sure i have put in what i found etc and lets see what response i actually get from members. I am not lazy honestly, i have been working at the subject.

Why are we continuing to feed this troll?

anyone know where i can find a copy of a good enclycopedia for free on the net, i think articles on there might save my troubles.

anyone know where i can find a copy of a good enclycopedia for free on the net, i think articles on there might save my troubles.
your sad:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Perhaps you should consider new pursuits and/or schooling as these questions are to be honest ridiculously available through any search engine.

Where is your textbook?

Dig it out and start reading at chapter 1.

I'm not in pharmacy school yet (crossing my fingers over here) but could the reason that you're struggling and behind in your work be that your lazy? You're completely unwilling to do 5 minutes of reseach to look up these things. I just googled each individual ingredient and they are all there!

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Dude, if you can't get thru 1st year lab, your gonna be struggling thru the next 5 years. Everything you mention is in a basic compounding book. Damn...even a high school student knew better. :p

I remember when I was doing this group project in college. One group member goes "where do you find these articles?" Everyone in the group stop talking, gave her a look, and we go "You went thru 5 years of pharmacy school and never used Ebsco/Pubmed/Or heard of the New England Journal of Medicine." We all knew she was lying. Cuz you can't get thru 5 years of pharmacy school and not do 1 research paper. Plan laziness.

anyone know why sodium ions are used in physiological salt solutions.

Well, what's the most predominant extracellular ion? And what's the concentration? Why don't you think you'd want to infuse...say, Mg or K real fast?

Because liberal lawyers are claiming it to be cruel beyond reasonable...

Why are you guys doing his homework?

We're not...I just responded to his question with 3 more. He's got to do some of the work :D

I managed to finish my report by using textbooks, finally I have done something :D

I'm not in the Pharmacy School yet, but going for Pharmacy and reading this thread gave me a headache......omg this Mass guy or girl needs to QUIT Pharmacy Schools if he doesn't know basic stuff:mad:......it seemed like he is baby and you guys are his parents, trying to help him with tiddy bit question.