A titleless topic

Started by gradM.S.
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gradM.S.

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody heard of people sending their interviewers thank you letters? I was thinking about doing that but I didn't know if the committee would consider that as kissing up rather than just being courteous. Has anybody else written such a letter or am I just anal?
Thanks for the replies
 
i wrote one, i read somewhere that nobody looks at it favorably or unfavorably, it's just kind of something you should do.
 
I wrote one for each school I interviewed at as well. I think it's a good idea... let's them know that you're interested in them, and they can either choose to acknowledge it or ignore it. I don't think it's kissing up though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you notes are a must especially in this culture..it is not kissing up. It is being polite and respectful of your superiors.
I wrote one for every interview...
 
Send everyone who interviewed you a thank you letter. Standard practice in the business world.
 
as everyone else has said, post-interview thank you notes are pretty much a standard...so rest assured that no one will look unfavorably upon them.