SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

A titleless topic

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gradM.S., Jan 8, 2002.

1. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Has anybody heard of people sending their interviewers thank you letters? I was thinking about doing that but I didn't know if the committee would consider that as kissing up rather than just being courteous. Has anybody else written such a letter or am I just anal?
    Thanks for the replies
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lmmn27

lmmn27 Junior Member

Mar 13, 2001
    milwaukee, wi, usa
    i wrote one, i read somewhere that nobody looks at it favorably or unfavorably, it's just kind of something you should do.
  4. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs" 7+ Year Member

Dec 19, 2001
    I wrote one for each school I interviewed at as well. I think it's a good idea... let's them know that you're interested in them, and they can either choose to acknowledge it or ignore it. I don't think it's kissing up though!
  5. neeky

neeky Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 2, 2001
    Thank you notes are a must especially in this is not kissing up. It is being polite and respectful of your superiors.
    I wrote one for every interview...
  6. Dentista

Dentista Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Send everyone who interviewed you a thank you letter. Standard practice in the business world.
  7. wasabi007

wasabi007 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    as everyone else has said, post-interview thank you notes are pretty much a rest assured that no one will look unfavorably upon them.