1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

A titleless topic

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gradM.S., Jan 8, 2002.

1. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anybody heard of people sending their interviewers thank you letters? I was thinking about doing that but I didn't know if the committee would consider that as kissing up rather than just being courteous. Has anybody else written such a letter or am I just anal?
    Thanks for the replies

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lmmn27

lmmn27 Junior Member

i wrote one, i read somewhere that nobody looks at it favorably or unfavorably, it's just kind of something you should do.

4. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I wrote one for each school I interviewed at as well. I think it's a good idea... let's them know that you're interested in them, and they can either choose to acknowledge it or ignore it. I don't think it's kissing up though!

5. neeky

neeky Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you notes are a must especially in this culture..it is not kissing up. It is being polite and respectful of your superiors.
    I wrote one for every interview...

6. Dentista

Dentista Member
    7+ Year Member

Send everyone who interviewed you a thank you letter. Standard practice in the business world.

7. wasabi007

wasabi007 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

as everyone else has said, post-interview thank you notes are pretty much a standard...so rest assured that no one will look unfavorably upon them.