-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
AA degree in Pharmacy...
Started by PharmDmomma
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
waste your time to get a BS instead.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go MDCC!! wOOt wOOtPharmDmomma said:Is an AA in Pharmacy neccessary? While attending a CC should I waist my time taking those other classes just to say that I have an AA in Pharmacy? Help please?
Is there such AA in Pharmacy? Or he/she wanna ask about the Tech Licesening?
PharmDmomma said:Is an AA in Pharmacy neccessary? While attending a CC should I waist my time taking those other classes just to say that I have an AA in Pharmacy? Help please?
It depends. My school (Florida) requires that you have at least an AA degree plus all the math/science prerequisites. We're talking an AA in general education here. I've never heard of an AA in Pharmacy.
AA in pharmacy is a real degree, my CC offers it. I didn't know that Florida requires an AA.
dgroulx said:It depends. My school (Florida) requires that you have at least an AA degree plus all the math/science prerequisites. We're talking an AA in general education here. I've never heard of an AA in Pharmacy.
Broward Community College
Associate In Arts Degree
Pharmacy
GENERAL EDUCATION DEGREE REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE SEE NEXT PAGE)
A PASSING SCORE OR EXEMPTIONS ON ALL SECTIONS OF THE CLAST IS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSOCIATE IN ARTS DEGREE
( ) *ENC1101 3 CREDITS
( ) *ENC1102 or *ENC2210 3 CREDITS
( ) @SPC1600 3 CREDITS
( ) @HUMANITIES (EXCEPT FOREIGN LANGUAGE) 3 CREDITS
( ) @HUMANITIES (EXCEPT FOREIGN LANGUAGE) 3 CREDITS
( ) @SOCIAL/BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE 3 CREDITS
( ) @HISTORICAL,POLITICAL AND GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES 3 CREDITS
( ) *BSC1010C 3 CREDITS
( ) *CHM1045 3 CREDITS
( ) *CHM1045L 1 CREDIT
( ) HSC1101C 1 CREDIT
( ) *MAC1114 3 CREDITS
( ) *MAC1140 3 CREDITS
( ) CGS1061C 1 CREDIT
* Requires a pre-or-co requisite or proper score on placement test.
There are Foreign Language requirements for admission to Florida state
universities.See the University catalog for information.
+ See an Academic Advisor or Counselor for clarification.
@ Optional writing course.
Associate In Arts Degree
Pharmacy
GENERAL EDUCATION DEGREE REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE SEE NEXT PAGE)
A PASSING SCORE OR EXEMPTIONS ON ALL SECTIONS OF THE CLAST IS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSOCIATE IN ARTS DEGREE
( ) *ENC1101 3 CREDITS
( ) *ENC1102 or *ENC2210 3 CREDITS
( ) @SPC1600 3 CREDITS
( ) @HUMANITIES (EXCEPT FOREIGN LANGUAGE) 3 CREDITS
( ) @HUMANITIES (EXCEPT FOREIGN LANGUAGE) 3 CREDITS
( ) @SOCIAL/BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE 3 CREDITS
( ) @HISTORICAL,POLITICAL AND GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES 3 CREDITS
( ) *BSC1010C 3 CREDITS
( ) *CHM1045 3 CREDITS
( ) *CHM1045L 1 CREDIT
( ) HSC1101C 1 CREDIT
( ) *MAC1114 3 CREDITS
( ) *MAC1140 3 CREDITS
( ) CGS1061C 1 CREDIT
* Requires a pre-or-co requisite or proper score on placement test.
There are Foreign Language requirements for admission to Florida state
universities.See the University catalog for information.
+ See an Academic Advisor or Counselor for clarification.
@ Optional writing course.
Sosumi said:Which CC is this? I think it means pharmacy technician degree.
I would see what pharmacy schools you want to attend and make sure your program satisfies all the requirements. I noticed that your school does not have a pre-pharmacy program, but does have pre-medical dental etc. So this looks like their attempt at a general pre-pharmacy program, with basic biology/chemistry/english.
Although Im sure you know this already, the requirements you posted are only the general school requirements, there is another list for additional degree requirements calculus/chem/phsyics/etc.
The good thing about declaring yourself as pharmacy is that your assigned advisors should be able to help toward pharmacy school, but if your unclear I would go talk to someone at the school first.
Although Im sure you know this already, the requirements you posted are only the general school requirements, there is another list for additional degree requirements calculus/chem/phsyics/etc.
The good thing about declaring yourself as pharmacy is that your assigned advisors should be able to help toward pharmacy school, but if your unclear I would go talk to someone at the school first.
goheel said:seems like a pharmacy tech degree to me. You only need 36 credit hrs for this degree? This means you can get the degree in 1 year.
I thought most schools called it that anyway, but most schools I've heard of offering the AA in PharmyTech had specific classses geared toward Pharmacy "technology" (calculations, medical terminology, dispensing, insurance issues for techs, etc.) including x number of hours spent on-site in a pharmacy.
The term AA in pharmacy is a little misleading IMHO. This is the first time I've ever heard of an AA in pharmacy. Those sound like a few pre-reqs for the BS, leading to the PharmD degree to me.
Interesting.*shrug*
PharmDmomma said:Is an AA in Pharmacy neccessary? While attending a CC should I waist my time taking those other classes just to say that I have an AA in Pharmacy? Help please?
It is not an AA in Pharmacy, but rather a program that affords you an AA and completion of Pharm School pre-reqs.
This is similiar to the pre-med student stating that his/her major is pre-med. There are no pre-med majors or bachelor degrees, but rather pre-med "programs" that fulfill med school pre-reqs and result in a BA/BS in Biology, Chemistry, or even Music.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K