AACOM 2015 Matriculation rate in-state/out-of-state percentage by school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tyrone.

Y'all got any more of them acceptance letters?
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought this might help some people. It's relatively easy to find on the AACOM website, especially if you just look at the data and read through the reports. Another interesting thing I noticed was age of matriculants and applicants. An 82 year old applied! But the oldest accepted was 57 (in 2017) I was pulling for that 82 year old but it was smart on the school's part, financially, unless they just were paying for it on their own. The stress medical school would have put on them, not to mention having OMM done on them with the higher risk of osteoporosis or some other issue. Anyway, hope this data helps someone that was curious! Could help save some money on secondaries and give a better idea of where to apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.39.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.39.51 PM.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 1 user
Thought this might help some people. It's relatively easy to find on the AACOM website, especially if you just look at the data and read through the reports. Another interesting thing I noticed was age of matriculants and applicants. An 82 year old applied! But the oldest accepted was 57 (in 2017) I was pulling for that 82 year old but it was smart on the school's part, financially, unless they just were paying for it on their own. The stress medical school would have put on them, not to mention having OMM done on them with the higher risk of osteoporosis or some other issue. Anyway, hope this data helps someone that was curious! Could help save some money on secondaries and give a better idea of where to apply to.
Wrong forum, Tyrone. But good on you for posting this.

I thought I clicked pre-med. Oops! If a mod sees this, feel free to move it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Makes sense... most of the IIs I've gotten have been from schools with a low percent of IS matriculants (5/6 30% or less).

I do have an II from a school with 80% IS matriculation that I'm not IS for. I was thinking about skipping that one anyway (very high COL area), so you may have just solidified that decision for me. Thanks. :)

Makes sense... most of the IIs I've gotten have been from schools with a low percent of IS matriculants (5/6 30% or less).

I do have an II from a school with 80% IS matriculation that I'm not IS for. I was thinking about skipping that one anyway (very high COL area), so you may have just solidified that decision for me. Thanks. :)
That is certainly something to think about when going to medical school! I'm glad it helped! :)