AACOM Facts Table Similar to AAMC's Table A-23?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fxryker

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to A-23, a 3.6 and 504 gives ~30 % acceptance rate, but what about for DO?

Members don't see this ad.

It's gotta be higher than 30% for 3.6/504 for DO, since those numbers are right around the median stats for DO matriculants.

Members don't see this ad :)
But also remember to factor in the context behind the statistics. That 30% number is not your average applicant. It's most likely a composite of URM, non-trad with amazing stories/life experiences, and those who apply to their state schools with low MCAT medians and heavy in-state biases.

Reactions: 2 users
To answer the question on the thread, there does exist a table though AACOM has not itself posted it on their website. It was shared to prehealth advisors recently. I concur that one should not read this as deterministic and takes into account all acceptances logged through AACOMAS only (so I'm not sure if articulation students are included unless they are required to submit an AACOMAS).

You might find this table useful if you haven’t seen it already. It’s the average GPA and MCAT at every DO school for the last cycle. Do you live in the northeast? I believe Rowan and UNECOM have a strong regional bias.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, and yeah I'm from Philly. My cGPA/sGPA is 3.6/3.6, and my AAMC FLs have been 498/504/507.

Last edited:
You might find this table useful if you haven’t seen it already. It’s the average GPA and MCAT at every DO school for the last cycle. Do you live in the northeast? I believe Rowan and UNECOM have a strong regional bias.
Thanks! Also is that SMP worksheet updated?

To answer the question on the thread, there does exist a table though AACOM has not itself posted it on their website. It was shared to prehealth advisors recently. I concur that one should not read this as deterministic and takes into account all acceptances logged through AACOMAS only (so I'm not sure if articulation students are included unless they are required to submit an AACOMAS).
Hi! Is this still the most accurate? I ask as I see a 3.4/496 is a 26% acceptance rate and these are my stats, if thats true I was gonna apply over a retake

Hi! Is this still the most accurate? I ask as I see a 3.4/496 is a 26% acceptance rate and these are my stats, if thats true I was gonna apply over a retake
It came from.AACOM and shared with advisors so this is what we have. Do your homework though... We don't know which schools took those students.