AACOM question that is very specific

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeanBag2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First question: I plan on submitting my primary today (have everything done..waiting for NEW mcat score to come in AUG 24th) am I considered late/ how bad am I late or screwed my chances?

Second question: The courses planned/ in progress are confusing me. I am taking both Fall and Spring courses, Do I just list the fall classes that I am registered for? Also I plan on dropping one class that I am registered in for the fall however I am not allowed to do so until AUG 28th. In the AACOM it says that a new transcript must be sent in or it will not be verified. How do I go about this in listing course work / dropping that future course so it does not hurt my verification time?

Members don't see this ad.

First question: I plan on submitting my primary today (have everything done..waiting for NEW mcat score to come in AUG 24th) am I considered late/ how bad am I late or screwed my chances?

Second question: The courses planned/ in progress are confusing me. I am taking both Fall and Spring courses, Do I just list the fall classes that I am registered for? Also I plan on dropping one class that I am registered in for the fall however I am not allowed to do so until AUG 28th. In the AACOM it says that a new transcript must be sent in or it will not be verified. How do I go about this in listing course work / dropping that future course so it does not hurt my verification time?

Answer to first question:

No, you are not screwed depending on how broad you apply and how good your stats are. DO application cycle is much longer than MD. Honestly, about half the DO schools haven't even offered any interview invites yet. Get it in ASAP though because the earlier the better.

Reactions: 1 user
On the second question: When I filled out my app last year I wrote out all of my planned courses so that it showed all of my pre-reqs would be filled. That being said, there have been issues with people including planned courses but their app getting rejected for the planned courses not being on their transcript. I personally did not have this issue. If you plan on dropping it, it does not really matter in the long run. You won't need to resubmit your transcripts to AACOMAS and your admitting school will only care that you fulfilled the pre reqs.