AACOMAS and MCAT Timeline Question

Started by Nafiscy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nafiscy

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I am scheduled to take my MCAT May 14th, which means I receive my score June 15th. Lets say I am already verified before transmission day (June 15th) and it takes AACOMAS 1-2 days to receive my MCAT score (June 17th) how will this impact the timing of my cycle? Will I receive secondaries later than other applicants?
 
The DO cycle is longer and your timing won't be affected.

Do NOT apply without an MCAT score, except to a single throwaway school in order to get verified.

And just remember that secondaries can be a tax on the hopelessly optimistic, if not pathologically naïve.