-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2026-2027~*~*
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys! I am applying for this cycle, and I intend on applying for the HPSP scholarship (using the military). There's a spot on AACOMAS that asks "Indicate your anticipated United States Military status at the time you enroll". I'm confused on what to put here, because I am not currently in the military, but I have spoken with a recruiter, and I have my application in for the scholarship. Do I select Active Duty, because this is what I will be considered once I get an acceptance letter to a school, and I have full intentions to pursue the military HPSP scholarship.
Also side note if you chose yes to this answer, there are 2 other questions. one is "Service Start Date". The date Cannot be in the future, so I wouldn't know what to put as the start date, since technically I am not serving currently.
The other queston is "Are you still serving"?
-I am not serving currently so I assume to put No?
Also side note if you chose yes to this answer, there are 2 other questions. one is "Service Start Date". The date Cannot be in the future, so I wouldn't know what to put as the start date, since technically I am not serving currently.
The other queston is "Are you still serving"?
-I am not serving currently so I assume to put No?
Hi Everyone!
I am a TX resident, so I am mainly focusing on my TMDSAS cycle right now. However, I am also planning on applying to at least 5 DO schools through AACOMAS. What is an appropriate AACOMAS cycle timeline? Would I be too late if I submitted my primary the last week on July?
I am a TX resident, so I am mainly focusing on my TMDSAS cycle right now. However, I am also planning on applying to at least 5 DO schools through AACOMAS. What is an appropriate AACOMAS cycle timeline? Would I be too late if I submitted my primary the last week on July?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No that would still be early for DO schoolsHi Everyone!
I am a TX resident, so I am mainly focusing on my TMDSAS cycle right now. However, I am also planning on applying to at least 5 DO schools through AACOMAS. What is an appropriate AACOMAS cycle timeline? Would I be too late if I submitted my primary the last week on July?
It appears there weren’t other members who saw this and had a similar situation. Considering you cannot put a future date, putting no for this section and moving on is probably what I would have done. Future applicants would certainly benefit from knowing how you ended up handling this.Hey guys! I am applying for this cycle, and I intend on applying for the HPSP scholarship (using the military). There's a spot on AACOMAS that asks "Indicate your anticipated United States Military status at the time you enroll". I'm confused on what to put here, because I am not currently in the military, but I have spoken with a recruiter, and I have my application in for the scholarship. Do I select Active Duty, because this is what I will be considered once I get an acceptance letter to a school, and I have full intentions to pursue the military HPSP scholarship.
Also side note if you chose yes to this answer, there are 2 other questions. one is "Service Start Date". The date Cannot be in the future, so I wouldn't know what to put as the start date, since technically I am not serving currently.
The other queston is "Are you still serving"?
-I am not serving currently so I assume to put No?
Awesome! Thank you so much 🙂No that would still be early for DO schools
Thank you for the response! After conversing with my recruiter and the staff at AACOMAS. I ended up selecting no for this section, but they said they are attempting to change this section to make it more clear!It appears there weren’t other members who saw this and had a similar situation. Considering you cannot put a future date, putting no for this section and moving on is probably what I would have done. Future applicants would certainly benefit from knowing how you ended up handling this.
Last edited:
Sillyrats12
New Member
Submitted AACOMAS today, 6/9/26! Has anyone recently been verified, and know how long verification has been taking?
You should be able to see your own status in AACOMAS. Someone told me that applicants can see where the Liaison CAS is with verifications, but I have to get confirmation of this from those who have submitted applications. Some are claiming about 2 weeks typically (Google Gemini AI search).Submitted AACOMAS today, 6/9/26! Has anyone recently been verified, and know how long verification has been taking?
The Application Process
Learn how to apply to U.S. osteopathic medical schools via the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine's Application Service.
Hi Everyone!
I had a quick question. My original plan was to basically copy over my TMDSAS App to AACOMAS, but I noticed that the AACOMAS descriptions and essays are significantly longer than TMDSAS.
How should I approach this? Should I rewrite the descriptions?
I had a quick question. My original plan was to basically copy over my TMDSAS App to AACOMAS, but I noticed that the AACOMAS descriptions and essays are significantly longer than TMDSAS.
How should I approach this? Should I rewrite the descriptions?
The personal statement is not significantly longer. You can add a sentence or two.Hi Everyone!
I had a quick question. My original plan was to basically copy over my TMDSAS App to AACOMAS, but I noticed that the AACOMAS descriptions and essays are significantly longer than TMDSAS.
How should I approach this? Should I rewrite the descriptions?
For activities, yes, you probably will need to write them differently.
Makes sense! Thank you smThe personal statement is not significantly longer. You can add a sentence or two.
For activities, yes, you probably will need to write them differently.
Trapper_John
Full Member
Hello! Could someone confirm whether it is okay to submit my AACOMAS applications before receiving my MCAT score? I took the MCAT on August 22 and have everything else ready to submit. My test date is listed in AACOMAS, but I am unsure how schools are notified to review or reconsider my application once my score is released and added. Is there anything additional I need to do after the score is released? Thank you!
You can submit it while waiting for your score.Hello! Could someone confirm whether it is okay to submit my AACOMAS applications before receiving my MCAT score? I took the MCAT on August 22 and have everything else ready to submit. My test date is listed in AACOMAS, but I am unsure how schools are notified to review or reconsider my application once my score is released and added. Is there anything additional I need to do after the score is released? Thank you!
There IS an extra step you need to take, which is to give AAMC permission to release your score to AACOMAS
You do this on your MCAT login portal ( the same one you used to register for the test) and you can’t do it yet, only when the score is released a month after your exam
Trapper_John
Full Member
You can submit it while waiting for your score.
There IS an extra step you need to take, which is to give AAMC permission to release your score to AACOMAS
You do this on your MCAT login portal ( the same one you used to register for the test) and you can’t do it yet, only when the score is released a month after your exam
Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi is it too late to submit an application? I am only submitting to like 5 schools too. I am not sure if DO has a different timeline. I am applying on a whim (IK i should have been better prepared).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K