AACOMAS Application mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysam111

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just realized I made a HUGE Mistake. So last year I applied to some biomed sci masters program at UC San Diego and other places. On the application under coursework, I had pre-filled the courses I would have been taking. Problem is, I didn't get accepted into the program per technical issues. Unfortunately I failed to remove the classes from my application and I just went online and checked and the reason I haven't heard anything or received any secondaries was because AACOMAS is STILL waiting on a Transcript from the school! What do I do? Should I contact the specific schools or AACOMAS? Am I pretty much doomed for this year? Will they think that I was lying?? AHhhh Someone help me!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so I just realized I made a HUGE Mistake. So last year I applied to some biomed sci masters program at UC San Diego and other places. On the application under coursework, I had pre-filled the courses I would have been taking. Problem is, I didn't get accepted into the program per technical issues. Unfortunately I failed to remove the classes from my application and I just went online and checked and the reason I haven't heard anything or received any secondaries was because AACOMAS is STILL waiting on a Transcript from the school! What do I do? Should I contact the specific schools or AACOMAS? Am I pretty much doomed for this year? Will they think that I was lying?? AHhhh Someone help me!

Email the people at aacomas. There's a link once you log into aacomas that will let u email them directly through there. They should be able to fix it quickly. Since u haven't gotten secondaries yet, there's no point in contacting them. Ur not even complete through aacomas at this point from what I can tell so they don't even have ur primAry app

That sucks, I wouldn't submit your primary. Just wait till upcoming cycle and be early and done for sure.

But how on earth did you just realize this in January? It's fairly obvious on AACOMAS if your application is complete or not. Unless of course you just submitted it in December, and even then you're SOL.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry bro its too late :( Just wait until next cycle.

Yeah I kinda didn't check my application as often and as closely as I should have. Big mistake. Now this will potentially cost me a whole extra year :/

Hows the Caribbean sound?