AACOMAS Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HalluxHank

Reaction score
I have some questions on AACOMAS for the new cycle in May. On the website it says that the past cycle ended yesterday. Does this mean that we can create an account for the new cycle right now (like AMCAS), or do we need to wait until the application opens in early May? If we need to wait, can I request transcripts now? And if we need to wait, does this mean people who submit Day 1 submitted with their transcripts/MCAT not received by AACOMAS yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I have some questions on AACOMAS for the new cycle in May. On the website it says that the past cycle ended yesterday. Does this mean that we can create an account for the new cycle right now (like AMCAS), or do we need to wait until the application opens in early May? If we need to wait, can I request transcripts now? And if we need to wait, does this mean people who submit Day 1 submitted with their transcripts/MCAT not received by AACOMAS yet?
There is no set date for when the new AACOMAS will open up but it will more than likely be the same day as AMCAS which is May 4th. Once that is announced and that date arrives, you will be able to register and create your AACOMAS account, then from there fill out your primary application, upload letters of recommendation, volunteer experiences, etc. You will have about a month to do all of this before the first primary applications are able to be sent to medical schools (when the cycle actually opens). However, there is no advantage to finishing your AACOMAS application as soon as possible before they open them up to medical school submissions. So if someone finished and submitted everything on May 6th, they are not first in line compared to someone who finishes their application on May 28th. This will all make more sense once you have your AACOMAS account created but for now just wait and see when they will be allowing those applying in the 2021-2022 cycle to create their account.

Reactions: 1 user
There is no set date for when the new AACOMAS will open up but it will more than likely be the same day as AMCAS which is May 4th. Once that is announced and that date arrives, you will be able to register and create your AACOMAS account, then from there fill out your primary application, upload letters of recommendation, volunteer experiences, etc. You will have about a month to do all of this before the first primary applications are able to be sent to medical schools (when the cycle actually opens). However, there is no advantage to finishing your AACOMAS application as soon as possible before they open them up to medical school submissions. So if someone finished and submitted everything on May 6th, they are not first in line compared to someone who finishes their application on May 28th. This will all make more sense once you have your AACOMAS account created but for now just wait and see when they will be allowing those applying in the 2021-2022 cycle to create their account.
What would be the ideal time to submit the AACOMAS primary application? I was personally under the impression that speed was of utmost consideration, aiming to get it submitted by early May.

However, seeing that there's no difference between May 6th-28th, as in your post, I am curious what would be the recommended date to submit primary? I know my university will send our LOR packets in mid-late July (crazy-I know), so the only components would be demographics, PS, grades, MCAT, and activities, if I am not mistaken.

Thank you for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
What would be the ideal time to submit the AACOMAS primary application? I was personally under the impression that speed was of utmost consideration, aiming to get it submitted by early May.

However, seeing that there's no difference between May 6th-28th, as in your post, I am curious what would be the recommended date to submit primary? I know my university will send our LOR packets in mid-late July (crazy-I know), so the only components would be demographics, PS, grades, MCAT, and activities, if I am not mistaken.

Thank you for the help!
Use this as an example -
1618866929972.png

As long as you have your primary application finished and submitted by June 15th, that is when some schools begin processing primary applications. That's what I meant by that there is no difference between someone who finishes their primary application earlier in the window of May 5th - June 15th in last year's cycle as an example.

Reactions: 2 users
Use this as an example -
View attachment 335228
As long as you have your primary application finished and submitted by June 15th, that is when some schools begin processing primary applications. That's what I meant by that there is no difference between someone who finishes their primary application earlier in the window of May 5th - June 15th in last year's cycle as an example.
Super! I can't wait to get this application ready!

Hi all,

Is there any drawback to submitting AACOMAS for verification if I have everything filled in except for most of my experiences and achievements? I am super stressed because I am already applying late (due to many reasons) and I want to start the verification ASAP since I have everything done except my experiences and achievements. I will be adding these within days of the submission.