AACOMAS Fee Waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why does the AACOMAS Fee waiver only allow 3 schools? I was just approved for the FAP for AMCAS which allows for 15 programs! Does anyone know if you are approved for the AACOMAS FAP if you can also get secondary application fees waived?

A limited number of fee waivers are available through the AACOMAS Fee Assistance Program, and are worth $265 each. They are given out to qualified applicants until available funds run out for the cycle. Please read the AACOMAS online application instructions to see who qualifies. These waivers cover the initial application fee and allow applicants to apply to two additional schools (three schools total). If an applicant receives a fee waiver and wishes to apply to more than three schools, they are still responsible for the additional fees of $35 per program.

http://www.aacom.org/become-a-doctor/applying/aacomas/fee-waiver

Members don't see this ad.

I know, unbelievable that after taxpayers have already funded your undergraduate education they will only also pay for 18 medical school applications

I know, unbelievable that after taxpayers have already funded your undergraduate education they will only also pay for 18 medical school applications

I didn't know your everyday tax payers paid for my merit-based scholarships. As a taxpayer, I rather be funding education vs. war.

Also AMCAS and AACOMAS are private organizations. I don't think their funding is with taxpayer money. Can anyone confirm this?

5CFybni.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know your everyday tax payers paid for my merit-based scholarships. As a taxpayer, I rather be funding education vs. war.

Also AMCAS and AACOMAS are private organizations. I don't think their funding is with taxpayer money. Can anyone confirm this?

5CFybni.jpg

Merit based? HA!
your post history is visible to everybody

You failed college courses

You had to go to 3 colleges and then had to repeat most of your classes to get higher than a 3.1 GPA.

You didnt work for over a year and a half after college.

So yes, the taxpayers have been paying for poor little you for long enough.

Edit: unless, today they now give merit based scholarships for being able to swindle your way into letting everyone else foot your bills???

Merit based? HA!
your post history is visible to everybody

You failed college courses

You had to go to 3 colleges and then had to repeat most of your classes to get higher than a 3.1 GPA.

You didnt work for over a year and a half after college.

So yes, the taxpayers have been paying for poor little you for long enough.

Edit: unless, today they now give merit based scholarships for being able to swindle your way into letting everyone else foot your bills???

I'm just going to assume you're the average troll. Such wit and big balls behind your computer screen. How much time did you waste of your life trying to research my past? Whatever information about me you have thought you had wittily interpreted actually was unsuccessful. I'm not sure why you are trying to personally attack me, but your efforts would be spent better somewhere else.

but yes, I did have merit-based scholarships. You have no clue how well I did in high school or my SAT scores. I actually didn't repeat any courses, except for a Spanish 101 course; I was merely just fulfilling my pre-med reqs in a DIY-post-bac, which yes did increase my undergraduate GPA. I did in fact work after college, not sure where you got that information; it may not have been full-time for a year and a half, but I always had some type of work. I have never been on welfare. Maybe you interpreted the fact that I spent 1 year doing a post-bacc as not working, which I guess in that case you are correct. But, I'm okay with my ability to get all A's in 4 hard science classes w/ labs and not be working during that time period.

Point: Why waste your time trolling people online? Especially, people who are determined to succeed, trying to better themselves and trying to help others. In the end, anything you say is not going to prevent me or someone else from being accepted into a medical school. And that is the reason why most of us are here. Go troll somewhere else.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This is a first and final warning for this thread, do not attack or flame other individuals. Use respectful and professional language.

There is nothing "attacking" or "flaming" or "disrespectful" or "unprofessional" about this thread. OP asked why the government (yes its the government) will """""only""""pay for 18 medical school applications.

The answer: after funding people for multiple repeated attempts at undergraduate education, and funding those same people for the MCAT, 18 applications seems like a fair amount.

And for those who want to harp on this, the fee assistance program for applications, the MCAT, and CC is all funded by taxpayers.

Why does the AACOMAS Fee waiver only allow 3 schools? I was just approved for the FAP for AMCAS which allows for 15 programs! Does anyone know if you are approved for the AACOMAS FAP if you can also get secondary application fees waived?

Only god knows why they only allow 3 schools. But that is the case, so just work with it.

• The real savings from the fee waiver comes from the secondary fees, not the primary fees.
  • Do your research about which schools you will be applying to. (e.g. dont apply to OU-HCOM if you dont live in Ohio)
  • Apply for the fee waiver EARLY and be ready to submit in 2 weeks after being approved, which might be before AACOMAS processes applications. Lots of people on here were bummed out when they learned that the fee waivers ran out early in the first or second month after the application opened up.

Reactions: 1 user
Only god knows why they only allow 3 schools. But that is the case, so just work with it.

• The real savings from the fee waiver comes from the secondary fees, not the primary fees.
  • Do your research about which schools you will be applying to. (e.g. dont apply to OU-HCOM if you dont live in Ohio)
  • Apply for the fee waiver EARLY and be ready to submit in 2 weeks after being approved, which might be before AACOMAS processes applications. Lots of people on here were bummed out when they learned that the fee waivers ran out early in the first or second month after the application opened up.

Thank you for the heads up. I plan on sending my apps in June. Yes, I read most of that from the AACOMAS website. More curious if DO programs waive secondary fees if they see you qualify for the fee waiver? I doubt it considering DO programs are more money-hungry than their MD-counterparts.

Thank you for the heads up. I plan on sending my apps in June. Yes, I read most of that from the AACOMAS website. More curious if DO programs waive secondary fees if they see you qualify for the fee waiver? I doubt it considering DO programs are more money-hungry than their MD-counterparts.
Each school will have their own policy listed on their website, but yes, most schools will waive the secondary fee.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user